Sam with the tomatoes
These are my tomato plants. As you can see they are gigantic. I have 2 cherry, 1 grape, 1 beefsteak, 2 heirloom and 1 persimmon. I also have two volunteer tomato plants that popped up from last year. They are smaller but I think I'm going to get some tomatoes off them as well. I planted the yummiest baby carrots too. Oh yeah there is one volunteer lemon cucumber in this bed as well.
This is my corn. I have planted corn in the past and it didn't do very well. I did some research and found out that I needed at least 4 rows of corn for pollination. So I did one whole bed of corn this year and it's doing great so far.
Here we have broccoli and green beans. The broccoli was a new adventure this year and had been fun to grow. It just keeps growing and growing. We've been eating a lot of broccoli this summer. Sam doesn't complain though because it's his favorite!
MMMM Tomatoes! I can hardly wait until they are ripe. It won't be long.
7 comments:
Wow, them's some monster tomatoes! See you guys later today! We're off to the zoo this morning, then lunch at Todai then heading down to mom's!
The photo's are great. Sam seems to blend right in.
Man, 9:30am is usually a little early for me to eat vegetables, but those looked so good!! I think I'll go make a salad.
That is a gorgeous garden!! Wow!! You'll have to have a little picture montage of the resulting produce as well. Our gardening right now consists of the little tomato plant that grew out of our compost heap. :-)
Let me know if you need any help eating any of that yummy stuff! I really need to plant a garden next year!
wow! our attempt last year failed miserably! we don't get enough sun in our backwoods! those tomatoes are making my mouth water! excellent job, darilyn!
Oh, I love your garden! Toad tried to till our garden today and found diapers. undies. socks, toys, many pairs of socks, and two full dolls. He also discovered that he should rake first. Arrgg! The people who rented this house before us were messy and did not keep a good eye on their dogs. Sad to say, it was an elementary school principal. Good to hear from you!
Post a Comment