Monday, July 9, 2007
Vacation or test of faith?
I've been down here in Coos Bay for 48 hours now and I am feeling like a crappy mom. I think I've reached that point in the summer when having all three of my children at one time just about puts me over the edge. I have been quite impatient with them. I really have no reason to complain either because I have hardly had all three of them at the same time all summer with all their summer activities. I feel bad that I'm counting down the time when Makenzie will leave for camp in the morning. It's not her either it's not any one of them by themselves but the combination of all three together. It's also the fact that I'm trying so hard to not let them do anything that will upset Ben my stepdad. So I'm basically hypersensitive about every little tiny thing they do. And I have reason to be. Tonight at dinner Makenzie tried to cut off a portion of the roast when she could have just taken a cut piece on the side of the plate. He yelled at her for it. In my quest to protect them from his irrational behavior, I'm acting like this maniac mom. All in all it has gone okay so far. Usually 48 hours is all we can do at my parents house before we need to go home. I think we will make it a little longer. I'm just trying to take one day at time. Well, i'm going to gather my girls around me tonight and have a family prayer. We've been pretty lax on that this summer. Hmmmmm....maybe that's the problem. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How much longer do I have to wait for you to get home? It seems like ages since we've wasted time together. J/K. You'll make it, hang in there. You know you are an awesome mom.
glad to hear that a supermom like yourself also has bad days. sorry to hear things are stressful. family reunions can be so hard. good luck. come home soon.
Good luck! I know I get super edgy around Bruce's family because his siblings are the same way and Connor is such a bundle of energy. It makes things pretty tough. You are doing a great job! You are a great mom! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Thanks for the encouragement. It really does help actually. Well, I kept my word and we read scriptures and had prayer and I feel a lot calmer. Imagine that.
I'm so glad that you wandered onto my blog! Your kids look like they're having a blast. Sometimes it is trying to keep up with our kids energy, especially when other people seem overly concerned. Good luck. I'm inspired by your things you want to do list and am going to copy your idea - so, I'm not going to read yours until after I write mine so that I won't be influenced to change what I would write. Thanks! Mo
All I can say is.."Memories, light the corner of my mind....." Hey, how do you get so many people to comment on yours? I think your the only one that reads mine. :)
Post a Comment