Friday, July 20, 2007

SWEET ANNIVERSARY



It's been quite the ride; being married for 14 years. I am so glad I chose Chris. He is the perfect complement to my sometimes high strung temperament. He calms me when i get stressed out. He helps me see that i need to laugh. We are one of those couples who has to work to find things we are equally interested in. But we have figured out a few over the past fourteen years and we have so much fun doing them together. Rafting, camping, and going to renaissance fairs to name a few. My friend Bridget made a list of things for each of the years she had been married. It inspired me to do my own. Here is to 14 years. I love you Chris.


14 late night runs to taco bell. Who are we kidding? It’s more than that!

13 years of learning how to be parents.

12 times watching “Hocus Pocus” on Halloween.

11 rafting trips together on the McKenzie, Umpqua and Rogue rivers.

10 years of Chris going to school. 5 years at BYU 3 classes away from finishing a degree in Latin American Studies. 5 years at Portland State studying computer science.

9 different homes with 9 different moves. Starting in Utah and ending back home in Oregon.

8 trips to the emergency room. 1 for Chris, 7 for Darilyn

7 wards we’ve been members of – Springville, BYU, Orem, Eugene, Albany, Aloha 2nd, Hazeldale

6 Harry Potter books that we have shared. (about to be 7)

5 funerals. 3 for my grandparents, 1 for our niece, 1 for a dear friend.

4 trips to Disneyland, 4 Shakespeare plays, 4 visits to Gold and Silver Falls.

3 beautiful blonde girls, 3 adorable nephews

2 Kung fu tournaments that Chris’ won medals at, 2 car accidents

1 trip to Tijuana, 1 trip to Washington D.C., 1 trip to NYC, 1 MONTH TIL’ CHRIS’ GRADUATION!!!!

7 comments:

Siouxsie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love your list. We're about to have our anniversary and I think I'll have to come up with one now as well. Your pictures are so wonderful. Isn't it fun to look back on those things and remember what it was like to be you back then? I hope you guys have a fun anniversary. We're excited for his upcoming graduation too. Woohoo!!! :-)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I'm so grateful you married him, you have brought such life & fun to our family.

Bridget said...

Happy anniversary! You look beautiful in your wedding photos. That's so great Chris has one more month!!

Merilee said...

Congrats on 14 years!!! isn't funny how the time just flies by, yet it seems like you've been together forever?

jaust.me said...

Congratulations!
I love to read your lists. This is a great blog to steal ideas from. My true talent is knowing whose ideas are worth stealing!

Krista Lou Cook said...

See, you have creativity and talent. it just might not be sewing.

mahina said...

i love lists! congrats! you look so in love and happy in your pictures! it's crazy how fast the time flies by!