Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fun 4th!!!!



Wow! We had a whirlwind of a day. We woke up early yesterday and drove 2 hours to Harrisburg. When we got there we put the girls on the HART center float and off they went. I barely had time to get sunscreen on them. Chris' parents are on the board for the HART center. It's a community center in Harrisburg for kids to go to after school. The girls love to ride on their float every year in the 4th of July parade.

After the girls were done we took off for Mt. Tom (chris' parent's home) to load up for a river run. Before we left Harrisburg I said, "aren't we going to wait until the parade is OVER?" Harrisburg is a very small rural town and I knew we were blocked in and wondered how we were going to get out of town with the parade still going. Chris' dad didn't seem to think it would be a problem so off he went and we weren't too far behind him. Well, next think I know our Kia Sedona mini van is IN THE PARADE! We had to drive like that for about 6 blocks going at parade speed (which is slow.....dang slow) until we reached the road that would take us out of town. I was so embarrassed. Chris didn't think anything of it nor my father in law. But when I saw my mother in law later she was also embarrassed by the whole thing. Well, it's a funny story now.

We had a great time on the McKenzie river. This was Makenzie's 2nd time and Heidi and Emma's first down this river. There are 2 Class III rapids on this river. Scott skirted Brown's hole with Heidi and Makenzie but Chris, Emma and I took it. It was great. Emma our little daredevil loved the class III's.

After our river run we went to Grandma Ammon's for a barbecue. It was late by then and everyone was really tired. We still had a long drive home so after we ate we said goodbye. I am really looking forward to our annual Indian Mary trip. That will be another fun rafting trip. One the girls love to do.

I had to share this picture. Makenzie took this in the car. The day before she had a lesson on photography at Young Women's. (Thanks Rachael) and then she took this picture. I think it's a beautiful picture of Heidi. Good job Makenzie!

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh what a fun holiday. I would have loved to see your minivan in a parade! Those are great pics. Way to go with the class 111 rapids with your girls! That's awesome!

Bridget said...

and by the way, I am in Utah. But you know me, I don't go anywhere without my laptop!

mahina said...

wow! i'm tired just reading about your day! i love river rafting sooo much! i can't wait til our kids are older so we can go again!

Anonymous said...

Darilyn,
Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I think about sitting down nightly to blog, and never seem to get back to the computer to do it. I should make it a goal after the baby is born. :)

Unknown said...

I like the blog. It was fun to see your "Top Things To Do List".

Melissa said...

Mom "conveniently forgot" to mention about how you guys got stuck in the parade when I talked to her yesterday. Too funny. Glad you still had a good time overall, can't wait to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Darilyn,
I LOVE BLOGS!!! Thank you so much for sharing yours. I'll add you to my favorites and check in often :) SIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHH! Oh-how your 4th of July sounds like a dream. Whitewater rafting is the best--and just hearing the words Indian Mary in my head took me straight back to the Rogue River as a kid. I miss the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Hope your upcoming rafting trip is a ball. Cracking up at Chris' dad getting the KIA temporarily "stuck" as a float in the parade. That is stinkin' hilarious. Your girls are so pretty-they look like you and Krista :) I miss you. Lots of love, Eva