
I've been asked several times since I got home from Coos Bay if I had a good time. I always hesitate with my answer which I know gives the message that it wasn't so great. I did however have a fabulous time. The hesitation comes from the complication of family life. (see blog below). I ended up having an amazing time so I will stop hesitating when asked about my trip.
I loved our trip to the beach - such a beautiful day.
I loved Emma's blanket - see picture above.
I loved canning tuna.
I loved driving down the southern Oregon coast.
This was another beautiful day with blue skies and gentle breezes. You just don't get this on the southern oregon coast. We stopped in Bandon and I couldn't believe how adorable it was. It has changed a lot since I was last there. Very cute shops. I bought an agate windchime for my back patio. Love it.
I loved seeing Makenzie cry - after the testimony meeting she came and found me and hugged me and said she wanted to go home. I don't think she really did. I think she just didn't know what to do with the spirit she was feeling. It's a new thing for her. She doesn't cry alot and I'm pretty sure it just feels uncomfortable to her.
I love the power of prayer. - Makenzie had lost her glasses sometime during the all day hike. Her entire unit had searched for them and an announcement had been made to help find them. No luck. While everyone was in at the fireside I went to Makenzie's Addie (like a cabin) and prayed. I then started looking. I went through everything again in hopes that her friends had missed something. No luck. I said another prayer. I then went down to the river where they had zip lined across at the end of the hike. No luck. I then saw a lone picnic table behind the lodge with a few misc. items on it. I walked over and there all by themselves on the corner of the table were her glasses.
I love the smell of the woods. - The Myrtlewood trees that grown in that region produce this amazing smell. That combined with the dirt creates this rich smell that I miss so much.
I loved getting home and having a clean house and dinner ready - after driving for 7 hours straight to get home I was so grateful that Chris had vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen. Not to mention feeding us! He is the best. I'm so lucky to have him.
I had a great time.
2 comments:
Way to go Emma! Awesome blanket.
Beautiful blanket and beautiful memories. I'm so glad!
Post a Comment