Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter



As I listened to some incredible talks at church today I was able to think about my own testimony of the Savior. I'm grateful for a church who focuses on His life and not His death. When I take the time to really think about the atonement and what occurred in the Garden of Gethsemane it is humbling and painful and puts me in awe that he would do that for me. Then I stop and think about just how much suffering he did do in the Garden of Gethsemane for me. And that's when I'm grateful for repentance. That we have a way to be clean before God and to make up for that suffering that our Savior did for us.

And how great is it that we have an additional witness of the resurrection of Jesus Christ? In the book of 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon we see how the people have rejected the words of the prophets, have let pride set in and have become a wicked people. There are only a few righteous people left and they are being persecuted and taunted for their beliefs. Eventually the signs of his death appear that were foretold and the people are left in complete darkness for three days. So dark that they couldn't see their hand in front of their face. That would be so scary, especially for those that had so much to repent of. Finally the Savior appears and teaches them and let's them touch his wounds. He has so much compassion and love for them that he invites any that are in need of healing to come forward. We read about how his compassion for them moves him to tears. He blesses the children and stays with these people until it is time to ascend to his Father. The Book of Mormon and the Bible both testify of Him. They are true. I've read them and felt the truth of it in my heart. I'm grateful for Easter. This time of year that we celebrate life. Life of new baby animals, the life of our Savior, and our lives as they become renewed through the gift of the Atonement.

12 comments:

Rachel Bancroft said...

Okay, that brought me to tears. Thanks so much for sharing your testimony of our Savior!

Chelle said...

Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. I'm glad you had a nice inspiring Sunday. We had great talks as well.

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Aundrea said...

Thank you!

Mandy said...

That was lovely. Thanks for sharing. Easter is such a great holiday

Bridget said...

The talks were so great on Sunday. I really felt uplifted. Brenda did an fantastic sharing time too.

THanks for sharing that.

Rochelle said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony, I loved it and need to be constantly reminded of the Atonement and ressurection, it helps me through every single day!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

That's so beautiful! I was out of town, but I heard the talks were amazing.

Darilyn said...

I was actually out of town too Elizabeth. I went to church in Coos Bay and that is the Sacrament meeting I'm referring too.

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Amen Darilyn...that was beautiful. Thanks for your words of inspiration. :-)

Melissa-Mc said...

Hi Darilyn. I found you through Bridget, Mahina, and Rachael's blogs. I moved out of the ward when you were still in Farmington 2. Thanks for sharing a wonderful testimony. I am also very grateful for the reasons we celebrate Easter. Hope your family is doing well.

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

Great post.
So I keep hearing about this cousin of yours that should meet. I have to say that I have been intrigued, but it seems like we are always in the wrong places at the wrong times.
What is he up to this summer?