My first companion in Brazil was Rosana Sambugaro. She was the perfect companion for me. We became instant friends and felt from the moment we met that we had always known each other. I'm sure that we were close in our pre-mortal life. We were companions for quite a long time. As the months wore on we began to beg our mission president to not transfer one of us. Eventually our pleas didn't work any longer and the Lord decided that she needed to bless someone elses life besides mine. I cried, she cried and I'm sure our new companions wondered if we would ever be able to accept them as they stood there watching us at the bus station. I loved my next companion too but there was never another one like Sister Sambugaro. Then came the day when I was hurt in an bus accident and had to leave the mission suddenly and go to the States to finish. It meant leaving without saying goodbye and without getting proper addresses and phone numbers for all my friends. I can't even count the number of times I've done searches on myspace, facebook, mission alumni sites and the internet in general for her.
Six years ago I posted a message on my mission website asking if anyone had any contact info for Sister Sambugaro. Today I got an email. It was from another sister that served in my mission. She is from Brazil but married someone from Utah and has lived there for several years. She is organizing a mission reunion and had just got an updated email for me. At the end of the email she asks me if I ever found Sister Sambugaro and if I hadn't I could find her on Orkut. Orkut? What is that? She gave me her new last name too! A piece of gold! Why oh why do women feel the need to change their last names? I'm not bashing it (i did it too) it just makes it so much more complicated. With that piece of gold called a new last name I was able to do a search for her on Orkut and THERE SHE WAS. I could not believe it. I immediately sent her a message in my terrible non-practiced Portuguese and she sent me one back tonight.
There have been many times I have prayed for this but I hadn't prayed about it in a long time. I guess this is a good example of prayers being eventually answered. Whatever it is I'm grateful for the Lord's tender mercy's that remind me he is aware of me and my desires.
I am one happy girl today.
15 comments:
That is SOOOO awesome! I hope you guys have a fantastic time getting caught up and reliving your best moments. :-)
I got chills reading that. I am so happy for you! Enjoy a sweet reunion with your dear friend!
How wonderful! I hope that you can get together with her some time.
That is VERY cool!!! I bet you will have the time of your life catching up with her :)
Okay, that about made me cry. I am so glad that you are back in touch with Sister Sambugaro. There is nothing in the world like serving with a companion that you have that sweet connection with. I had some really great companionships as a missionary, but one in particular I felt that eternal connection with. Last year I lost touch with her - she moved and I can't find her! So, you've renewed my determination to find her!
That is so exciting! Congrats on finding your long lost friend.
So glad you found her, what a blessing!
I'm so happy for you! How awesome to have such a great companion. I hope you have a happy reunion:)
I'm so glad you were able to find your lost companion! Don't you just love modern communication?? It gives us a little taste on what reunions will be like in the next life.
What a neat story! That is great!
I got teary eyed just reading that! Amazing! Have a wonderful time reconnecting. There are several people from my past that I wish I was still in contact with.
I am so excited for you. The friendships you make on your mission are some of the strongest you will ever make. I often search different people's names. (Ok, so you knew I was a bit of a stalker.) You're right though, changing women's last names does make it hard to find old friends.
Wow, that's great! You have inspired me! I have all the addresses from my mission friends and haven't kept in touch with them, what a bum I am.
Yah! When are we going to Brazin to visit? Now let's find siter Santos!
I will go to Brazil anytime. WE just have to get chris his dang passport. And yes, we need to find Yolanda. Then my circle of love will be complete! Where are you Yolanda Bernabella Santos? You just had a birthday, Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment