Saturday was gorgeous in Coos Bay so wouldn't you know that we would wake up Easter morning to find dreary drizzle? After church we had a nice lunch at my mom's house and then there was a discussion as to where to have the egg hunt. Inside or outside? Many times growing up we would have inside egg hunts because we didn't want the dye from the eggs to come off on our clothes and hands from the rain. Chris and I decided we could hide the 2 dozen real eggs undercover outside and then we had 40 filled plastic eggs and 6 giant plastic eggs. Those got the real Coos Bay treatment. In soaking wet clumps of tall grass! Makenzie's vote had been to do it inside but since we really weren't counting her vote we went outside anyway : ) This was probably our best executed egg hunt. We made some of them easy but most of them were tricky, especially the giant eggs which had Littlest Pet Shop animals inside of them. It probably took them at least 30 minutes to find all of them. The giant ones were really tough and they wandered and wandered looking for those. All were found eventually and then happy times ensued where parent's steal candy from children's buckets when they are looking away.
13 comments:
I made myself sick eating too much of my kids candy when they weren't looking:)
that looks like such a fun place for an Easter egg hunt. we did ours inside so the cats wouldn't get to them and then the kids did it outside at Nana B's house.
oh you did post a few blogs! i know i'm excited to be up in oregon! i don't even know what to do up there
Send some candy my way- I did't even have a piece of chocolate!
I have to admit I completely forgot about an Easter egg hunt. We did set out some candy and Easter outfits from "the Easter Bunny." and ate way too much candy after church. I love your photos - what a fun place for a hunt.
What a great Easter egg hunt! That grass looks like a great place to hide Easter eggs. And are you going to San Juan, Puerto Rico, on vacation?
Yes, for our 15th anniversary.
yes, I would be so excited about that trip if I were you! Yippee!!!
That slideshow was great. What a nice mom you are to have Little Pet Shops in there too.
I loved reading all of your posts that I missed. I have to admit that the last time I was on was when you had written about the young man that drowned. I had just watched the video clip on Mer's blog and couldn't stand the thought of crying anymore, so I had to jet. It sounds like things are going really well for you. That's great! I hope you have an awesome time in puerto rico and then post lots of pics.
Monique, I completely understand. It was a very painful thing to read about over and over.
Aw looks like a ton of fun I'm so glad!
It sounds like you had an enjoyable Easter. The egg hunt looked perfect...I can't believe how many eggs you hide. What a great mom!
Post a Comment