Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 3 Santa Clara

Yesterday was spent shopping. I first headed to Santana Row where there are a bunch of high end stores. Most I just passed by. let's face it, I don't fit into a size 4 pant. I did find a few fun things in the Clearance section at Anthropologie which is probably one of my all time favorite stores. I also found a store called MaiDo , which is a Japanese stationary store. I found some really fun things here, a couple gifts for my girls.

After I had seen what Santana Row had to offer I headed across the street to the Valley Fair Mall. This was the best mall I have ever been to. They had every store you would ever want to shop in. The only one they didn't have was Anthropologie but I can't really fault them for that since it is right across the street. And the mall is huge. It took me several hours just to walk through it. My best find was a bag for my new laptop computer. I've been telling Chris that I absolutely refuse to carry my laptop on a plane or anywhere for that matter in a boring black laptop bag. He can use a boring black one but not me. So I've been looking on Etsy and I've been looking at other online sites. No luck. But I found one yesterday and at the Franklin Covey store. It was in the clearance section which made it even more likable. It's brown with small lavender polka dots and lavender trim. I love it. I'll have to put pictures on later. I just tried but can't figure it out yet on this computer. Chris still has to help me.

I checked out a few antiques stores and then met Chris for dinner. He and I and one of his coworkers went to a really good Thai restaurant. I was very happy to see that they had my all time favorite Thai dish, Pumpkin Curry. I love this stuff.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Yum. I love Thai food. How fun you found a cute laptop bag. I need you to take me shopping sometime. I have a hard time picking out cute things. I went in Anthropologie once but felt so overwhelmed and intimidated.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Ahhhh pumpkin curry.... sitting in that little shack after exploring all the crazy fish next door. Remember how that little boy just kept laughing and staring at us?

Merilee said...

Ahh, shopping in San Fran. Too much fun. Can't wait to see everything you bought.