Picture mom, me and Krista with our family in Ukraine, 2010
It's official. My mom has moved in with us. The final move was this past weekend and although it was a slow trip pulling a huge trailer behind our minivan it went very smoothly loading and unloading her. Now we are faced with many boxes stacked all over our house because we have no where to put the things inside. Seriously.
We live in a 1600 square foot home and there are now six of us. It's a tight fit. All three of our girls are now in one room but I'm not complaining. I'm just stating the facts. We are, in fact, very happy to have my mom with us. Not only do we get to enjoy her company but it is very helpful to have another adult to help out with things around this crazy home of ours. For example, as I sit her writing this my mom is in the kitchen preparing some plums to be dried.
I am facing the realization that our lives will never be the same. My mom is not going anywhere and could be wiht us for the next 20 years. I hope that is the case and she lives a long life enjoying being surrounded by her family. I realize that date nights with my husband will become even more important from here on out. Chris and I talked about that and that we need to be consistent with it. Also, he and I need to get away for a weekend here and there while we can. The day will come when she will need a full-time caregiver and 'getting away' will become a much more difficult thing to do or become non-existent all together.
The girls seem to be taking it in stride. I know that having all three of the in a room together is not ideal but ultimately it is only for two more years until our oldest goes off to college.
That is what we have been up to, the throes of a move-in. Starting a new chapter in our lives!
p.s. Sorry to all of you who got my September posts in your Google Reader again. I have no idea why that happened.
3 comments:
And I bet your mom is just as excited to be living in your crazy home!
She is one lucky lady to be surrounded by so much love.
See you on Tuesday!
It will be a big change but I'm thinking that you will do it swimmingly. You are amazing!
It is so great that you guys are able to do that for your mom! I hope you have many beautiful years together!!!
Post a Comment