Things on my mind today:
Glad that we found a doctor for mom and that she is happy with her.
Got in a car accident this morning and it really sucks. I was driving and of course I was driving mom's car which is in near perfect condition. And of course her insurance deductible is more than ours so now we have to come up with $500 to get it repaired. I could tell Chris wasn't thrilled with the news. But I guess to be fair, neither am I. But you know what sucks the most that makes me want to cry? I want to go see Merilee so badly. And of course today, more than ever. But now with the accident I feel like it's getting further and further out of reach. I'll stop about this topic. It only makes me feel worse. Oh, but the bright spot in all that is that at least my mom has rental car insurance so that we won't be down a car. So that is good.
Heidi isn't happy. I mean like she really isn't happy. She is having difficulty at her new school and is just really sad and depressed. I hate it. I hate seeing her so sad. It breaks my heart. But there is some good coming out of this as well. I told her last night about praying and studying for answers to life's difficult questions. So this morning when I got up for family scripture study at 5:45 (which is no easy feat) she was already awake and studying her scriptures on her own. I love this girl. And then she asked me how to get answers to her prayers. It's funny, because I'm sure that all along she has been giving the sunday school text book answers to that question but when it comes right down to it and life is in her face, she REALLY wanted to know how to go about it. So we talked about that. She's gonna be okay.
My neck hurts, the muscles in it, on the left side. Oh, but that is due to the car accident and I said i wouldn't talk about that any more.
Moving on....
I am in charge of all the food for the feis this weekend. It's a big undertaking and I wonder why i get myself into these things. I have been cooking for it for a couple of weeks and it is finally here. It will be great to get it over with. I am also excited to see Emma dance, hoping that she moves out of her treble jig. That means we hope she places first so that she can move up a level in that dance. That would put her in prizewinner in all her dances.
Homecoming is next weekend for Makenzie and she has nothing to wear. The theme is 80s Neon. Really? Who chose that? How in the world do you get a dress around that theme? We are going to hit a second hand store today. I am completely out of money and there is no time to make anything. I'm hoping to find something at the second hand store that she will fall in love with. Hmm, we will see how that goes.
Wish me luck on all this!
2 comments:
Good luck! I hope the feis is going incredibly well, thinking about you guys!!!
I'm sorry to hear about the car accident. I hope your neck is feeling better.
I hope you were able to find something for your daughter. I wish I had soemthing to offer up. Were you successful?
Post a Comment