Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Indian Mary 2011

We just got back from our annual Indian Mary camping trip.  It includes not-so-white-water rafting, plenty of sun, good food and most importantly, lots of family time.  And as I sit here this morning sipping my hot tea and writing this blog post I am left thinking, "God is good."  He let me row through my first rapid and make it through safely despite the hysteria of my sister.  He gave us plenty of sunshine to drown our sun-starved skin.  He gave us giant marshmallows to roast over a fire stoked with pine logs.  And he gave us the most amazing view from the window of our campsite.  A view that literally takes my breath away and that shushes me into reverence with the awe that it invokes.

God is good.

5 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

Don't forget that even though I was "Hysterical" I was yelling, "your doing great, good job..." and so forth! :) Good times.

Darilyn said...

I know, you are my biggest supporter! Haha, so funny.

Melissa said...

Wish we could have been there, sounds like a ton of fun!!!! Glad you had a great time!!!!

Tonya said...

Sounds like a blast!

Your a really good writer, by the way.

Amanda D said...

I love this. I have never met your sister but from her profile picture and knowing you, I have this picture in my head of her being 'hysterical'. It makes me smile.

I love this post - it's so simple, yet it says so much. You are absolutely right, God is good.