Thursday, September 15, 2011
Calgon, take me away
It's only 7:20 a.m. and it has already been "one of those days." I had to deal with the sulleness of our oldest due to a talk we had with her last night about not spending as much time with her boyfriend. Then she went in her room and cried and talked on the phone with her boyfriend. I'm sure it was all about how mean we are and they "just don't understand." At this point I'm starting to get used to her thinking that. Sad.
Then this morning our youngest comes to me and says that her middle sister is being mean to her at school. Well, I can imagine this is probably true based on past experiences. So I go to have a chat with our middle daughter and it ends up with her saying that we think she is a bad person and she's not a bad person and why would I think she is a bad person. I told her that she is not a bad person but that we just want her to be nicer to her sister at school. She then went to the bathroom, locked the door and cried. Ugh...
Why can't they just all get along?
I'm sure my own mom probably thought the same thing.
This is probably about me getting my just reward for being so mean to my own sister. Did you know that I locked her in a closet once? Uh-huh.
Well, i'm off to paint a bedroom today. My mom is moving in with us on Saturday and I'm trying to get things ready for her. My kids may think I'm an evil mother but my own mom thinks I'm pretty great. I'll focus on that today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your the meanest mom and according to my kids, so am I!
Maybe that's why we get along so well.
Seriously, Matt and I just had a conversation with our oldest about priorities and she flipped out. Cried. Said we thought she was a bad person. In the end it was a good conversation. But really, the only reason one reacts like that is when they know they are probably in the wrong and have some things to work on. And it's our job as their parents to point them in the right direction. So, I think your doing a fabulous job as a parent. Parenting is not a popularity contest, right?
And one day I guarantee you that your girls will thank you for expecting them to be great.
You are fantastic! Some day they'll realize it. Connor tells me on a daily basis that I'm too mean (usually when I make him do his homework) and Ian too (usually when I won't let him drink soda with breakfast).
Focus on what your mom thinks. Maybe I'll do that too. Yesterday at our house was a doozy of a day. It was AWFUL. I'm blaming it on back to school and getting into a new groove.
Good luck with the painting!
My mom got through it so can you.
Post a Comment