Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stuck Like Glue




Since the first time I heard the song, Stuck Like Glue from Sugarland I loved it. I remember exactly where I was the first time I heard it.  Driving in the car at the intersection of Murray and Farmington Road with the 7-11 on my right.  When the Reggae part started to the song I sat there, driving, mesmerized, thinking, what the heck?  But a huge smile spread across my face. Leave it to Sugarland to do something totally unexpected but that works.

Fast forward 4 months later and I'm cooking in my kitchen with GAC on the TV in the other room.  It's been on a lot for the past 5 days.  Ever since I talked the Mr. into getting cable in order to watch General Conference this past weekend.  We only get it for 30 days and then we are shutting it back off.  So that means I have to watch a lot of country music videos in order to get caught up!  Anyway, I'm stirring at the stove and I hear Stuck Like Glue come on.  I have never seen this video so I peek around the corner to watch.  Once again Mes-mer-ized!  Love this video!

And of course I can't help but think of my best friend Merilee and our many concert going trips to see this hunk of a guy.  I think we went to 3 of his concerts in a 12 month period once.   A little obsessed?  Maybe.  We once snuck through a gate and fence in order to hang outside his tour bus and wait for him to come out. He did and although our encounter with him was a little disappointing (i guess we thought he'd invite us to stay for awhile and hang out) we were thrilled with our bravery and actually getting a picture with him.  I wish I could find the picture. I've been looking.

Here is a picture of Merilee and I.  Two more days until I get to see her!

5 comments:

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

I love this post! Nothing wrong with being obsessed with that hunk of man! It's one of my favorite songs, too. Love you!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Q showed me this video a couple months ago while I was making dinner. HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing it again.

Amanda D said...

I love that SugarLand song too. It's a fun one. So jealous that you've seen Dierks three times. That's awesome! Have fun visiting with your friend. :)

Tonya said...

I've never heard these songs!

I guess I'm lame!

Have fun with Merilee. Say hi to her from me:)

jaust.me said...

That video was pretty funny. Megan and I once hung outside the back gate at a Barenaked Ladies show to chat with the guys. And it wasn't in the 90's. Have fun with Mer!