Monday, April 11, 2011
First Date
This past weekend was the Pioneer Heritage Academy formal dance. Makenzie went last year and had a great time. This year, since she was 16, and old enough to date she wanted to go with a date. She asked Ashton Hamm to go to the dance with her and then he suggested they go to dinner as well. Woah, a full-fledged date was on the horizon. Her and her friend, Mica, planned the evening. It started three weeks in advance with shopping for dresses. Then the night before the dance they had a "dress rehearsal" where they put their dresses and make-up on and made sure they all looked okay. Then the day of the dance they got together and did each other's hair and make-up and made the boy's boutinneires. When the boys arrived they went to Red Robin for dinner and then on to the dance. Here are some pictures of the evening.
Makenzie had a great time. This next weekend is the Priest/Laurel prom for our church. I know she wishes that someone would ask her to go. And i have to say that I'm a little disappointed that no one has. I mean, hello, she is gorgeous. Why would they NOT want to ask her? But I am a little biased I guess! I think she is going to go without a date which I think is a great idea. And the great thing? There will be very few people at this upcoming dance that were at the last one so she is planning on wearing the same dress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Yes, she is gorgeous! Love her dress. Saw Ashton last night at the monthly family birthday party. He was super cute about the whole date thing. Sounds like they had a GREAT time. Fun stuff!!!
Your not just biased she is beautiful. Maybe she hasn't been asked because they're intimidated. Who knows. Her dress, well the whole ensemble is gorgeous! totally loving it! Does she go to the Pioneer Academy?
She is a beautiful girl! She should go to the dance alone! Don't miss it! Lots of people go alone. Alice went alone a couple years ago and danced plenty. She will have a good time. Glad her first date was so fun
She is beautiful! I am so not ready for that age yet. :)
I think it's great that she might do the prom with out a date. I wish I would have!
She looks GORGEOUS!!
She is so beautiful! Such a great dress. I'm glad she had such a good time!!!!
I love red and black together. So stunning! She is adorable, beautiful. I'm excited for when Rylie gets to this age. I'll need some tips. O.K.?
I am glad she had such a great time.
Post a Comment