Thursday, March 31, 2011

To Mourn

A year ago a member of Makenzie's ballroom dance team was diagnosed with an aggressive liver cancer.  Tonight she passed away.  
It's so hard to see your child mourn for something they have lost.  It's difficult to imagine how Risa's family feels at this moment.  My prayers and thoughts are with them tonight.

Someone posted this quote on Facebook in reference to Risa's passing.  I liked it too.
 Mourning is one of the deepest expressions of pure love. It is a natural response in complete accord with divine commandment: “Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die.” ... we can’t fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life. - R. M. Nelson

7 comments:

Melissa said...

How sad. Thinking about you guys.

Hesses Madhouse said...

The quote gave me goosebumps. Thank you for sharing it. I hadn't heard that she'd passed. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Rochelle said...

What a beautiful post!

ducklips said...

That is such a beautiful quote. Thoughts and prayers going out for the family and for your daughter while they mourn.

Tonya said...

I love that quote. So beautiful. Sorry to hear about the passing of Risa. Hugs to your family.

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your daughter's friend. I'm thinking of you, my friend, during this difficult time. Love you.

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Makenzie's friend. The quote you shared with us is absolutley beautiful and I hope she finds comfort in it.

Sending love and hugs your way...
x0x0x0x0