Dear Kathryn,
I can call you Kathryn, right? I just finished reading your novel, "The Help" yesterday. I loved it. It was brilliant. It was just what a summer read ought to be, laugh-out-loud-funny. While on a recent trip to visit my mother I was reading your book and laughing. My mom would question why I was laughing so I would share with her what it was. I wish you could see the face of this 68 year-old woman with Alzheimers. How could I deny her a mere moment of "The Help"? So I didn't. I proceeded to read to her OUT LOUD eight chapters. Although my voice got a bit hoarse I am so glad I could do that. We then went to my mom's local library to put her name on the waiting list for your book. Even in Coos Bay, Oregon they have a waiting list for your book.
I know this is your first book and I sure hope you write more. The characters were so full of life. I can't even say I have a favorite. Would you consider writing a follow-up novel to this one? If there was anything I would have liked to have seen different it would have been an Epilogue. What happened to Minnie? Where was she in 10 years? Aibeleen, Skeeter? And what about Lou Anne? There has to be an entire novel just about her. I have so many questions!
Well, I love ya' Kathryn Stockett. Those characters were amazing. And I just read that Dreamworks is making a movie out of it. I will be there the first day!
Your fan,
Darilyn

8 comments:
i loved it tooo!!!
I must get me this book!
This is on my list to read...I'm hoping to start it next week. Please tell me you really wrote her a letter...Andrew Grant responded to my e-mail...it made my life!
i totally agree! i picked it for book club and we will be meeting this month once the kiddos are back in school! loved the characters!! and it was so super entertaining!
I so loved this book too. Can I tag along and see the movie with you? I hope they do it justice!
This book sounds wonderful! I love your letter to the author. Can't wait to read it now and this is the first I've ever heard of it.
Told ya!
A friend of mine did a post like this once and the author actually chimed in!!!
Post a Comment