Thursday, May 1, 2008

Merry May Day!!!!


This is an important holiday in our house. We take it personally. Every year since we've been married we have done something special on this day. This year Chris and I got up extra early to make breakfast for all of our munchkins. And this breakfast was the breakfast of champions or of sugar addicts. Oh well. The girls loved it. We went into their rooms and yelled Wake up, It's May day! Or at least that's what I said. Chris just yelled "it's our day." Well, that too. How nice of someone to create a holiday just for us.

2008 May Day Menu

French toast with strawberries and whip cream
donuts
hashbrowns
hot chocolate
orange juice
fresh sliced mango
Bacon


I think they will be on a sugar high all day. Poor teachers. hehehehehe!

13 comments:

mahina said...

that must be very nice to have a special day created just for you guys! hey, i want a "mason day"!

that menu looks like the dream of any child! as for me it made my stomach turn just thinking about all that sugar! i have a hard time eating sugar first thing in the morning, it makes me nauseous! maybe it goes back to the family reunion when i was 7 and my older brother and i ate donut after donut after donut! we spent the rest of the morning throwing up all over my aunts floors and bathroom! poor auntie!

i wish i had the same aversion to sugar the rest of the day, but no i can eat lots of it after breakfast!

you do such fun things with your family! such great memories that your kids will cherish for a long time!

Melissa-Mc said...

Wow, I know where to show up next May 1st :)

My sister-in-law just called me from SLC and said, "I can't believe I am making a snowman on May Day!" Crazy

Darilyn said...

Yes, Mahina. Notice my plate? The one by the empty chair? Only hashbrowns with a little ketchup for me.

Stephanie said...

That is awesome! I wish I had a day as well. Really, any excuse for a holiday is good enough for me!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oh, I love that! Of course you have to have a May Day!

Amanda D said...

How fun! What a great tradition. I didn't even realize it was May day until my oldest came home from school with a paper "basket" and some flowers. It was sweet.

Happy May day!

Aundrea said...

That is the best tradition I've heard you do yet!!

brenda said...

I wrote a children's story about a bear named Valentine who thought that Valentine's day was "his day." The May family makes a cute story!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Did you dance around a May pole n your back yard?

Melissa said...

Aw how fun! I don't know if Chris told you but growing up we'd celebrate it too. Mom would have us all pick wildflowers (when we lived on Mt. Tom in Eugene we might have gotten them from the garden) anyway and we'd take the resulting bouquets to neighbors.

Bridget said...

What a great tradition! You guys are such a fun family.

Anonymous said...

Darilyn
You and Chris are such fantastic parents. I love your MayDay tradition and just everything about you sweetie. HUGS, Eva