Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What this post is NOT about


It's 12:30 in the morning and I have to get up at 4:30 to take Chris to the airport. It's all because I want to be able to use his car If i want to. Because of gas prices. And don't get me started on that topic. I'd be up for at least another half hour just fuming about it.

Today I laid on my bed and read for a large portion of the day. It br0ught back memories for me. Of a time when I was able to do that a lot more. But that takes me back to the topic of gas prices. So I won't go there either.

I wanted to go camping this weekend but we didn't. I won't talk about the reason why because I'd have to talk about gas prices again. I hate that topic.

Makenzie made dinner tonight. She made French Onion Soup and it was to die for. This has nothing to do with gas prices.

13 comments:

Rochelle said...

I can't believe how high gas prices are, but really I'm commenting on how much I love onion soup!

Aundrea said...

I love French onion soup too! I wish I could go to your house for leftovers today for lunch, but then I would have to talk about the gas prices!!

Bridget said...

I LOVE French onion soup. Actually it does have something to do with gas prices. The average price of produce in the US (along with many other grocery items) has gone up because of the cost of gas for truckers to get the food to the store. Its all one big vicious cycle. :(

Your talk on Sunday was excellent! I was so mad my boys had to go potty at the start. I was rushing them like crazy to get back in. You are awesome!

Darilyn said...

YOu're right Bridget, the French Onion soup does have something to do with the gas prices. I didn't see that connection at 12:30 a.m. Darn, now I have to curse the soup too.

Amanda D said...

We went camping about 15 minutes from home because of this... I was worried that it wouldn't be far enough away to be relaxing but it was wonderful!

Melissa said...

Man I've been so grateful lately to have a hybrid. But yummy on the soup! You are doing such a great job teaching those girls life skills, they will be so grateful when they're out on their own!

Melissa-Mc said...

We were planning on a trip through Portland this summer, but probably won't now. But I won't tell you why...

mahina said...

don't even get me started. we got reservations to stay inside yosemite in our fifth wheel the week of the fourth of july(i had to be online 5 minutes before reservations opened back in february because the campsites fill up in the first minute, no kidding!! i frantically pushed buttons until our reservation was confirmed! i worked hard for that reservation! dang it!) and now we will most likely have to cancel our reservation because it will cost us over $1000 just to drive there and back!

so, don't even get me started!

Darilyn said...

That is truly a bummer Mahina.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Sooooo, whats the gas prices like out there?

Alisa said...

Nearly $4 a gallon here in Vegas. *sigh* I will hopefully be carpooling to Oregon this summer with my mom. Of course I still have to get to SLC with the kiddos in tow. LOL.

MMMMmmmmm. Love French Onion Soup. At least onions are cheap...even if they are slightly more expensive due to gas prices.

Stephanie said...

I really like French Onion Soup as well. I think a recipe would be nice.

Tonya said...

so, french onion soup is one of my favorites, and my hubby thinks it could not exist and he would be just fine,it's definately not his favorite. so i only get it at restaurants once in awhile. i am totally impressed that your daughter made it. wow! bridget is one smart cookie to tie in gas prices with french onion soup!