Thursday, May 8, 2008

Don't Blink


Time just seems to be flying by. How does it do that? I mean seriously. It feels like it was just a few months ago that I was kissing my girls and sending them off to their first day of school in September. Now the school year is almost over? How did that happen? There is something to be said about busyness and it making the time go faster. I've never been so busy as I have this school year. And thus the time has flown by. I know I'm busy because I haven't watched a single episode of Oprah this year. I would never miss it for anything. My girls knew not to bug me during it and also had to be available for me to drag them in to watch something if I deemed it important for their inherent salvation. But there has been no dragging this year. No time for it. I guess it's okay. I think I've replaced that hour I would spend watching Oprah with blogging. Yep, that's probably true. Although lately I haven't even spent an hour on that either. I don't want time to go this fast. I want life to slow down. I feel like that Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink" (Which is a good one by the way.) My girlfriend Barb in Albany called and said we were invited to her oldest daughter's graduation. "Graduation from what?" "From High school." "gasp" How can she possibly be old enough to graduate? Wasn't it just a few years ago that I was her primary teacher and singing at her baptism? And if time is going this fast I better start on that quilt i want to make Makenzie when she graduates from High school!

Does anyone else feel like time is flying by?

6 comments:

mahina said...

i was just commenting on how it feels like 2008 just started and it's may already!! it might have something to do with this insanely cold weather for may! it might feel more like may if it was warm!!

i can't believe that nani will be getting baptized in less than a year! she's not old enough to be baptized!

and i can't believe we have lived here for 8 years now! crazy, we were supposed to be living somewhere else 3 years ago and we still can't seem to leave!

"don't blink" is right!!

Aundrea said...

It is really crazy! Laughing that you would drag your kids in to watch snippets of Oprah with you:)

Rochelle said...

Time is flying by, I can't believe how fast it goes by as an Adult. When I was a kid summers lasted forever and I loved my long days. Now I have short days and really short summers!

Melissa-Mc said...

Yes, time just keeps going faster and faster. It is scary. Pretty soon we will be grandparents.

I had no idea you and Kyle were cousins. How great!

Bridget said...

Yes, it is crazy. Cole had his first playdate at a friend's house without Ethan. How can he be old enough to go to a friend's house on his own? He's my baby.

Sarah said...

I do. I love watching my boys grow and do new fun things. I watch them and joy just fills my heart. But sometimes I feel a little sad because I know they will grow up to fast and I know that I will really miss these days. It's always a tough one for me. Part of me wants time to go by very fast so Lane can finally be done with school. Then there is a big part of me that wants it to slow down. I love little kids and I know I"m going to miss these days. We'll all miss 'the spiders' right?! : )