Remember this previous post with the video of my girl Jennifer Nettles? Well, they've (Sugarland) done it again. They've managed to completely captivate me musicly for the past 24 hours. This doesn't happen very often. Where I love a song so completely I can't stop thinking about it. Last night at the CMT music awards they performed "Life in a Northern Town" with Little Big Town, who I love, and Jake Owens. It was amazing. The crazy part is that this song has not been released yet as a single so I have no way of listening to it unless I watch it on youtube. Those of you who were old enough in 1986 I'm sure remember this song which was originally released by Dream Academy. I remember it quite well. I loved it back then and I'm so excited to have this remake of it. By the way, that video I mentioned earlier and the one I blogged about previously? It won for best duo video of the year. I know how to pick 'em!
10 comments:
Thanks for the great trip down memory lane, it brought back times of singing loudly in the car as a teenager.
They do this song so well, such great voices.
See you in 24 hours.
I loved this song in the 80's. I loved the redo from the Parent Trap movie, and I love this version too. Thanks for sharing.
I got shivers! Love it...love it...love it!! Thanks for sharing.
I saw this video on CMT a couple days ago as I was on my eliptical machine. I loved it way back when and now:)
That was great! Now I want it too. Make sure you keep us posted when the single becomes available.
Oh, I liked that a lot! Great, now I'm going to be hooked watching youtube all day!
Wow, I haven't heard that forever! Great memories. She has beautiful voice.
I love that song! And I love that sweet post to your daughter. Happy birthday, Heidi.
this is awesome! i love this.
thanks so much for all of your sweet comments. and thanks for the mascara tip. i'll have check out the lancome!
somethings wrong with me. I can't make it work :(
Post a Comment