Sunday, April 20, 2008

Topher's Birthday Weekend

For my husband's birthday we went to Seaside for the weekend and we didn't do this:


Or this:

Although we always wish we had a dog when we are at the beach. But the moment soon passes as soon as we leave.


And we didn't build any of these:




But Chris and I did go running in this:


And if you open your mouth to the sky while running in this it's just like ice from Sonic. I tried it and it was great but you have to be able to endure the pelting of the ice on your face. A small trade off.


And we found this:



We watched the kids do this:



We had to do this:







We had a blast doing this:


Hiking, spending time with Chris' parents, eating pizza and birthday cake, swimming in the pool when it was 40 degrees, getting a stamp in our National Park Passports and just being together as a family.

13 comments:

Aundrea said...

How fun! I'm glad you got the Sonic experience even out at the beach:)

Bridget said...

That looks like so much fun! Way to make lemonade out of the lemon type weather we are having.

mahina said...

i love this post, darilyn! i was missing you at church today! isn't that hail/snow/sleet thing this weekend so crazy and wrong! it's the end of april, for cryin' out loud!

happy birthday "topher"!

Jodi said...

We went to the beach this weekend, too...except we were camping. In the hail. In the rain. In the snow. CRAZY weather. The pool at the hotel sounds lovely! Glad you had fun :)

Rachael said...

What a great weekend. The weather couldn't get crazier. It hailed here as well.

Melissa-Mc said...

Looks like you had a great getaway, even if it was really cold. Its 83 in New Orleans. Don't know if I'm going to be able to enjoy it though :)

Amanda D said...

It sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you were able to sneak away for some family time. Great photos!

Melissa said...

Aw looks like fun! Glad you guys had fun and Chris had a good birthday!

Rochelle said...

I love how you wrote this! I love that you got some Sonic ice out there!
I love family time!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

What a great post! I love the Sonic ice!

Hailey Vial said...

What a fun birthday!

nanna said...

It was such a sweet weekend to spend with you. Plus the added conspiracy to convince Scott adds to the experience and the memories. Do I really have a 38 year old son?

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Beautiful pictures...what a fun birthday! I love the Sonic ice...how incredible to see that at the beach.