This recipe is for all those people that have asked me to "Please put it on your blog."
2 cans black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
2 cans corn (drained)
3-4 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
3-4 green onions diced
1 can diced green chilies
1 avocado diced
1 red pepper diced
1 Italian dressing mix package made up according to recipe on package.
Mix all items together and let marinate in the refrigerator for two hours (this is important to get the best flavor but you can skip it if you just can't wait.) Serve with tortilla chips.
Like most recipes that people have I cannot take all the credit for this. I had this for the first time at the home of my friend Jen S. She is an amazing cook and when she had this out on the table one night I couldn't stop eating it. I even asked if I could "take some home to my husband." Hah! what a lie. I promptly had it all eaten during the ride home that night. Chris never got a taste that night.
We had this for dinner tonight with a hot bean dip as well. Yummy. What I love about this recipe is that you can change it however you like. For instance, tonight I didn't have a red bell pepper I had an orange one. So I used that instead. I also threw in a quarter cup of cilantro in this tonight. Bridget made it with the cilantro the other day and it was really good so I had to have my own bowl with it. I've seen it made with black beans instead of the black-eye peas. The black eye peas will absorb more of the Italian dressing so keep that in mind. You could also squeeze some fresh lime in it. I think I'll try that next time. This makes a huge bowl. Enough to share with everyone on the block. So don't let the 1/2 cup of oil scare you away from this. You could also make it without the Italian dressing. I've had it that way with just some salt sprinkled on top and it was good too.
13 comments:
that was very yummy when you made it for pot luck lunch!
Thanks for the recipe! Yummy!
Oh my word, that looks incredible. I love any bean dip out there. I'll be making this soon. Thanks!
I LOVE this salsa!!
Hi Darilyn! I keep seeing your name when I make comments on other peoples blogs and I was curious, so I decided to drop by:0) I love your blog, and thanks for the recipe! I love to cook and this looks fabulous. I happened to be on Jodi's blog and once again noticed your name. I had forgotten that you were a Eugene girl once. I haven't been there for ions and ions. I love it there though. I think last time I saw you our kids had classes at Conestoga at the same time or maybe it was at Chuck E. Cheese. We just happen to cross paths either through mutual friends or around town. I know I don't know you well, but I have always enjoyed the conversations we have had the chance to have. You are one fun girl:0) I just wish that you would have been in hazeldale ward at the same time we were in there. We've been out now for 5 1/2 years. Woah! Time really does fly right on by.Anyways, feel free to come by and visit our family blog!
That looks so good, I think i'll make it tomorrow. That's one of those things I used to make a lot but haven't made for years.
The picture is great too.
Yummm.
I just thought I'd add here that I just got on to look at the recipe and make this for tonights girls night out.
Can't wait to dig in.
YUM! Thanks for putting it on here. Healthy, too! What's not to like?
We LOVE Salsa...so thanks for this recipe because it looks delicious and I'm excited to make it!
yum! i'm always up for a good salsa recipe. can't wait to try it.
I"m glad you did. I hadn't asked, but I wanted it.
You are a great cook.
Post a Comment