Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Lovin'

I love summer for all the sponaneity it brings.  So you'd think that my summer would be one big open slate, right?  Wrong.  But I'm okay with it because I'm super duper excited about what is on the agenda.

First up, Girls Camp
This is a week long church camp where girls ages 12-18 go for a week without cell phones, make-up or listening to music.  Not that we think there is anything wrong with those things.  It's just a time-out from the world where friendships can be made and spiritual growth occurs.  It's super fun and I love being a part of it.

Next....Trip to Cali
I will be taking off with undetermined number of daughters for a visit to see my girl, Merilee. I miss her like crazies!  I need this trip like a tomato plant needs sun.  It's just got to happen.  I for sure am taking my youngest so she can see her bestie, Sid.

And next we have MEXICO.
I put this in capital letters because I am really really super stoked about it.  We are all going, the whole family.  And while I have traveled outside the U.S. a few times, this will be my husband's first stamp in his passport as well as our daughters.  We will be living the Mexican life as we visit family and eat tacos from street vendors. 


Then we have a weekend camping trip
This just came up this morning and boy was i excited about it.  We are going camping with several families that we are friends with.  What a blast it will be.


Then our summer is pretty much laze around time because cheerleading and soccer start up the beginning of August.  That is the time I will get some canning done, tuna for sure this summer.  I am completely out and that just cannot be.


Oh, and there is also 4th of July. I love this holiday.  What a fun time.  Last year we did something a little different and went to a rodeo.  I'm glad we did it but I sure missed the small town 4th of July feel we get by going to Harrisburg.  I love it, and don't want to be anywhere else.  This year Chris' sister and her family will be here as well for the holiday and we are going to make a GRAND float.  (secretly, I want to win) I'm seeing a champion ribbon in our future!


Well, that's my post for tonight.  Sorry no pictures.  I still don't know how to put pictures on here from my new camera! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love summer too. It sounds like yours is going to be epic.

Melissa said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!! Seriously it's going to be so fun to have everyone together on the 4th.

Amanda D said...

Sounds like you have a GREAT summer planned! Hooray for summer plans. :)