Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hail Caesar!

picture courtesy of Pioneer Woman


Remember my cheerful tablecloth?  Tonight I made a cheery salad to go with it.  I made Pam's Simple Scrumptious Caesar Salad from Pioneer Woman's cooking website.  As I was slurping up the last piece of romaine on my plate I declared it to be one of the best salads I've ever made.  It's all in the dressing and the croutons.  And who would've thought to make the homemade croutons that way?  You first blend up 4 cloves of garlic with 1/4 cup olive oil in the blender. Then you sieve the garlic out and toss your cut up french bread pieces in the garlic/oil mixture.  Then you throw it in your hot skillet.  I used my cast iron one and they crisped and browned up very nicely.  Then the dressing for the salad is made by throwing that garlic you saved from the oil mixture in with some mayo and fresh lemon. Oh. My. Gosh. delicious.  It's very garlicky. So if you don't like garlic don't even go there.  But, the lemon is bright and strong and paired with the garlic it is a sensory experience for your taste buds.

7 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

sounds like a D-lish dinner. Get it? "D" lish! I'm cracking myself up! That would have been nice with my Cabbage Patch Stew I made. Hmmmm. Tomorrow I will make rolls.

Hesses Madhouse said...

We are HUGE garlic fans over here. I'll have to try this one out. Thanks for sharing it.

Tonya said...

Ummmmm, yeah. Sounds AWESOME!!! WE LOVE garlic! Such an easy dressing. Wow. I'm trying this one for sure.

Amanda D said...

It sounds SO good! I love garlic. And salad. MMmm.

Quinn said...

Ceasar is my FAVorite! Thanks for the tip.

Melissa said...

Sounds amazing I'll have to make it next week thanks for the heads up!

Jodi said...

That sounds soooo good! I will definitely be trying this one :) Thanks Darilyn!