Thursday, March 10, 2011

Goood News

I heard a beeping sound.  But this beeping sound didn't make sense because I was in a church and was getting ready to sit down to listen to a speaker.  The chapel was full with people I knew well and some I didn't know so well but they all had friendly faces.  Beep, Beep, the sound continued. I was looking around and wondering if it was stuck in my brain from the episode of Lost I had watched last night. Perhaps I was imagining it like I sometimes could hear my bird squawking when he is no where around just because I've heard him do it so much.  But then I remembered I was asleep.  That I had laid down to get rid of a headache that I had this morning.  And then, in the recesses of my brain, I climbed out of the dream and realized it was the answering machine in the living room.

Reluctantly I got out of bed, not able to sleep with the beeping sound any longer.  I shuffled into the living room and pushed play on the red blinking button.

It was my mom with a cheerful voice.  "Hi, honey, I just got the results of the biopsy and it was goood news.  Oh, and I think I would like to come up tomorrow after all if you haven't already given away that ticket."

Notice the extra O's on good?  That's exactly how she said it, drawing out the O sound to make it extra Good. Ah, I love my mom.

And I love that she doesn't have breast cancer.

I think the headache I've had for a week has finally gone away.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad that is wonderful news!

Siouxsie said...

I'm so glad to hear that. The older I get, the more I realize I'll never be old enough to lose my mom.
And that's a great picture!

Jodi said...

That IS wonderful news! Happy day :)

Sarah said...

Wow! That is great news! So happy for all of you!

Katie said...

That is fantastic news!!!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Phew! What a relief! What fun to get to see your mom. Hope you enjoy your time with her.

jaust.me said...

Ooooh so happy for you and your Mom and your family! Yay! No cancer is a wonderful thing!

Amanda D said...

That is GOOOOOD news. Hooray! You must be feeling some intense relief.

Rochelle said...

Oh what fabulous news! I'm sorry you guys had to go through that! Happy Days to come!!