Friday, May 21, 2010

What I've learned today


Notes To Self:

When going to an LDS singles dance to watch your daughter perform as part of the entertainment WEAR YOUR WEDDING RING.

Next time when going to Mother's bring an autograph book in case you see a finalist from So You Think You Can Dance.

Don't forget your umbrella in your friend's car during the wettest May in Oregon in 30 years.

Don't order oatmeal at Mother's again.

Next time Heidi wants a 10 piece chicken nugget, order 2 five piece ones off the value meal instead of the combo meal. She never drinks the drink anyway and those mandarin oranges are about ten cents worth.

Makenzie didn't know what she was talking about when she said that she could just use men's briefs as shorts underneath her ballroom dance dress. I looked at them in Target. Not an option.

Hugs and kisses make the world a better place.

Talk to the reunion committee about improving the nutrition of the meals at our next family reunion.  According to Makenzie the four food groups of my side of the family are Bacon, Butter, Chocolate and Cheese and she doesn't mind it one bit.  

9 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

1. Umm..that's sort of flattering and awkward all in one that you needed your ring,
2, Who did you see? I Love SYTYCD! I saw them on tour.
and 3, where do I sign up for this reunion? Sounds delicious.

Amanda D said...

I love this post!
I love that you needed your ring. I love that you saw someone famous, and I love the food at that reunion. :)

Darilyn said...

I saw Ryan Di Lello, as in Ryan & Ashleigh, the LDS guy.

Memory Bybee said...

I really think you should share the youth dance story. This sounds good! :-) Your "Bacon Makes It Better" sign is hysterical. WHY?? I have probably bought bacon twice in the last 13 years but for some reason lately Michael has had a serious obsession. Bacon on donuts. Bacon in chocolate. Bacon on EVERYTHING. It's so weird and random. And then I see this and start busting up. Michael, too. We just can't escape the BACON!!

Tonya said...

This brought a huge smile to my face! That's a lot to learn in one day:)

Melissa said...

That's quite a day!!! How exciting!

Candy said...

I just love reading your blog! Thank you for sharing the lessons learned!

brenda said...

Good lessons, D.

I wish you would have eaten some of my breakfast! It took me two days to finish it. I just want to point out that your friends lovingly tried to steer you away from oatmeal.

So do you usually leave your wedding ring off? I want to hear more about that story.

Darilyn said...

Brenda, I don't regret ordering the Oatmeal. It was very good. It just wasn't "the best". So now that I have ordered it I don't need to try it again.

I do wear my ring when I can. But I can't wear it above a certain weight and right now I am above that weight. I'm trying to get back down. (see my post about running) lol