Monday, May 24, 2010

Are you ready to run?

If you are like me, the answer is NO.  But that will be changing.  Remember this post?  Well, after I ran that Turkey Stuffer I kind of got lax in my training.  It just seemed that it wasn't fun anymore.  The life had gone out of it.  I tried to find other races to work towards but then things came up that prevented me from being able to do them and without a goal in sight I just didn't feel like running.  But then my weight started creeping up.  Again.  It seems that no matter what exercise routine I do, nothing is better to getting the weight off as running is.  Darn that running.  I don't love it.  Sorry all you lovers of the runner's high.  Maybe it's because I've never experienced that runner's high they talk about that causes my brain to put running in the same category as three hours of church.  I don't love it but I do it because I know it's good for me.

So here I am again, starting over.  So if you want to be ready to run come Thanksgiving time then join me now.  Or maybe you are closer than me to running a 5 K and you want to do This Race.  Or perhaps you are one of those people and would like to train for a 10 K or half marathon.  Whatever your race may be join me in training.  Just say YES.

If you are a beginner don't forget the Couch to 5K program. 

Signing off,

The runner within (it's in there somewhere, right?)

2 comments:

Amanda D said...

I'm like you - I don't like to run. I actually think I can walk a 5k faster than I can run/walk a 5k. Watching those contestants on the Biggest Loser do a marathon is pretty inspiring though. I know I should run - it's way more helpful at getting the weight off than walking is. So...if I start the couch to 5k, can I check in with you?

Darilyn said...

Of course I'll check in with you. Let me know when you begin.