Monday, April 26, 2010
This girl named Emma
I know this girl named Emma. She is the middle of two sisters and for some reason, unknown to me, has this talent for Irish Dancing. I mean of all things to be talented in, Irish Dancing? It's an odd one. But one that I LOVE.
Emma had a competition the beginning of March in Seattle. She got one 3rd place. It wasn't at par with the other competitions she had done and she was disappointed. This past weekend was the Emerald City Feis. Emma has been looking forward to this one for a year. Ever since she competed at it last year, it was the first feis she competed at and it holds a special place in her heart. I think because at your first feis they shower you with awards. They do that so you are excited and happy and have no disappointment at your first feis.
Emma performed really well at this feis again. She got a 1st place in her St. Patrick's day and Hornpipe, two hard shoe dances. And she got a 1st place in her Light Jig and a 4th in her Slip jig, two soft shoe dances. And a 2nd for her poem. To top it all off she got 1st place in her Treble Reel trophy dance. She was probably the most excited about that one, she loves the trophies.
Here is a video of her dancing her light jig. To me, her first place in this was the most significant. To move out of the beginner categories you need a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place finish. To move out of the Novice category which is what level she was dancing in, you have to have 1st place to move up to Prizewinner. She got 1st place. And she did it competing against dancers that have probably been there at the Novice level for awhile trying to get that coveted 1st place spot in order to move up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
WOW!!!! That was really neat to watch. She is cute in her dress.
She is so amazing! I hope one of these days to see her dance in person!!
That was cool to watch! It looks like it'd be so much fun!
I love her costume and her hair. She is a fantastic dancer. I love that she is into something that nobody else I know is. Very, very cool!
Emma looks beautiful...i love irish dance and she did a great job! She must be so pleased with her accomplishments! Good for her!
That might be the coolest thing ever. Congrats to her! I can't imagine all the hard work that took. Thanks for sharing the video - I loved it!
Yeah! What a cool video. I watched it several times. Please post more. Congrats to Emma.
wow she is amazing!!!
That is awesome! I love love love the big hair and the dress. Did she get to pick out her own pattern? Very cool. Her knees were the highest! Great job!
Post a Comment