Monday, December 22, 2008

A walk, snow and breakfast at Sharis



I wanted to go on a walk this morning. My legs were screaming for some exercise. Chris was game and I soon talked Heidi into it to. Makenzie on the other hand prefers laying in bed and thinking about us out there walking. So I pulled out the bribery card that parents are allowed to use every so often...."We are going to walk to Sharis and have breakfast and then walk back." That got her out of bed.

Here are some pictures from our walk today.

11 comments:

Quinn said...

Geez Louise, I thought you lived in Oregon! The Oregon I remember doesn't get snow like that. How FUN!

Jodi said...

I love the picture of Chris with snow up to his knees! Can you believe this snow!?!

Katie said...

Oh, can I come and visit! I miss the snow with the stillness and silence it brings. What a fun day!

Amanda D said...

We bribed the kids to go on a walk the other day by promising Dairy Queen.

I'm loving the snow! Your family looks adorable all bundled up. Stay warm!

Let's plan to get together sometime soon, okay? We can meet for dinner or a movie or something.

Kris Farrar said...

Can you believe that just a short hop down the road our snow is all melted and it's raining again?

Krista Lou Cook said...

Those are great! I still cannot believe how much snow you all have. We are expecting around 53 degrees on Wednesday.

Bridget said...

How fun! I wish we could walk to breakfast somewhere. We walked down to the Andrus' house today. That was walk enough.

mahina said...

all that snow is amazing to me!! it doesn't look like you are in oregon! great pictures!

Melissa-Mc said...

I love snowstorms in the Northwest where the outside world closes down. Have fun.

Unknown said...

Dear Darilyn,
what a wonderful Family. You have done so well and your girls are just great. I spoke with your mother and she had such a fine time with her girls at Krista Lou's Graduation. We all love you and your Family dearly.you blog is wonderful.
Uncle Mike& aunt Sherilyn

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Wow...although we get snow in Illinois, we don't get this much! I miss snows like this! Your pictures are so cute, and how fun to walk and get breakfast! Your family is so cute!