Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My friend Sabrina


A long time ago I wrote about my friends from High School and how much they meant to me. I said that I would eventually write about each one of these girls and at that time I wrote about Eva. Well now it's time to tell you about Sabrina.

Sabrina joined the church during our sophomore year in high school. I think she was the first of our friends to join. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this) She is still to this day the only member in her family. She served a mission to Las Vegas where she met her husband Richard, he was also serving his mission there. They have been married for 11 years and were married in the Salt lake Temple on Thanksgiving weekend. On our recent trip to Utah we spent an evening with Sabrina and Richard and had a fabulous time looking at the lights and seeing the nativities that were displayed around Temple Square.

If I could sum up Sabrina in 3 words it would be warm, generous and loyal. She has one of the largest caring hearts of anyone I know. I can go years without seeing her and when I do and we hug it's like all the years have been washed away. It's like that with all of these friends.

I love Sabrina's taste in decorating and art. When I walked in her home and saw the dark hardwood floors I said ah....i love this. And the different pictures she has hanging around her home are gorgeous. She has an eye for beautiful things. I learned something new about my dear friend when I was out there last week. She can bake! She made the best bread I've ever tasted in my life when we went over there for dinner. Yummy. And her husband made the best tasting Rosemary Chicken.

Sabrina's loyalty goes beyond just staying in touch. She is a friend that you can count on for anything. I appreciated her kindness and the friendship she showed Chris' sister, Chelsea who came with us to Temple Square. I know that I can turn to her with anything that I'm in need of and she would be there for me. She has a beautiful alto singing voice. Sabrina and I were part of a high school group called the Serenettes. We thought we were hot stuff. It's because we were! I love it when we sing together now. Singing is something that seems to take all the years that have passed and throw them out the window. It feels like we are sitting around the piano again at Jan's.

It's amazing to me the strength of her testimony. That after all these years she continues to serve our Father in Heaven with her faithfulness. She is an example to me and it makes me want to be a better person when I see the strength inside of her. I love you Sabrina. Thanks for spending time with us while we were out there.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for telling us about your old friends. She sounds like an amazing lady!

Aundrea said...

Friends like that are priceless! I'm glad you got the chance to see eachother!

Tonya said...

Good friends are definately something to cherish. She sounds like an pretty awesome person. I am very grateful for my old high school frinds that I still keep in contact with. I feel the same as you...it feels as though you've never been apart once you see each other again. That is a huge blessing.

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Thanks for sharing about Sabrina! I am also still close with my High School friends...it's great to have so much history together! :-)