Twas two days before Christmas and what does Darilyn do?
Get stuck on a hill and in a ditch she almost flew.
A quick phone call to Chris and "I'm on my way."
But it ended up not being needed as four teenage boys saved the day.
They all stood to the side of the slippery van
And pushed and pushed until I was straight again.
"Merry Christmas" was exchanged with grins on their faces
And thankful tears on my cheeks as I gave each warm embraces.
Get stuck on a hill and in a ditch she almost flew.
A quick phone call to Chris and "I'm on my way."
But it ended up not being needed as four teenage boys saved the day.
They all stood to the side of the slippery van
And pushed and pushed until I was straight again.
"Merry Christmas" was exchanged with grins on their faces
And thankful tears on my cheeks as I gave each warm embraces.
It took me 1 hour to get to Winco today. That is normally a 20 minute drive. And that was after I got stuck on the hill. I am so impressed with the goodwill that has come out in everyone with this weather. Despite the difficulty of getting around it has brought a wonderful spirit of Christmas with people helping one another. I'm grateful for that.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
12 comments:
What GOOD boys! Remember the buttercream gang? They must be the Portland Chapter.
Yah for great people! I love nice people!
So true! People are helping people everywhere. It is fabulous. Love your poem. That was hilarious.
Whoever Kris Farrar is, you're cracking me up. I totally remember the buttercream gang.
What in the heck is the "buttercream gang"? Do I need to google this?
Merilee, you know kris, she is Sally's friend that made French Onion Soup. Ah...that was good soup.
the Buttercream gang is a movie about a 'gang' of boys who go around town doing good. It's a good movie. My boys love it! I'm so glad you came to see my blog and left me a note!!!! I'm so excited to be back in touch with you!! email me- janesheetz@cableone.net
There are nice people in the world and they do seem to come out of the woodwork when we need them the most. Love it! And your poem is awesome. You got talent, girl :)
What wonderful boys! And what a wonderful poem! Hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to you too.
Enjoy your holiday!
Thank Heaven for teenage boys! Glad you made it safe:)
Love your poem. So glad people were there to help you out.
Sweet poem, See I keep telling people to embrace the snow, look at all the good deeds it provides!
bummer!
i never knew you were a poet! add that to your many talents! you amaze me!
Post a Comment