I came home to snow. You'd think I would have had more of a chance of seeing some snow back east but no, it was all here in my lovely State of Oregon. I was saddest about missing 3 snow days with my girls. I LOVE snow days. I love that you can just ignore all of your pressing appointments and events and focus on each other and just being together. So I was really happy that we got another one today even though in my opinion it was unwarranted.
My trip to Maryland with my mom to see Krista graduate was wonderful in many ways. Most importantly it was an amazing graduation. I have never been to a graduation that was so personalized for each student. It was an enjoyable evening and I loved being there for it and meeting many of the people that Krista talks about on a daily basis.
Secondly, being able to go with my mom. The times that my mom, sister and I spend together is always fun. Mom was so excited about this trip and was such a saint for doing NYC in one day which meant getting home at 2:30 a.m!
Third, I loved the Carnegie Deli. Have you been there? That will go down as one of the best meals I have ever had in my life. I swear it will be worth a trip to go there again if I can just eat another of those Reuben Sandwiches. Thank goodness my sister knew to split the sandwich (it was huge).
Fourth, seeing the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree. What an amazing thing to see. I'm getting a little teary just thinking about it. It was so beautiful. I really don't know what else to say about it. It was just beautiful.
16 comments:
your trip sounds wonderful and I am glad you are safely home.
I can just imagine how magical it all was this time of year. I have to put it on my list of ttd and see. I am excited for Krista too. WTG!! She looks so cute in her uniform. I didn't know they still really dressed like that. (Hadn't ever thought about it.)
I've been dying to hear about your trip, I'm so glad you had such a great time! Welcome home!
Love the blog makeover. It looks great!
I'm so jealous of your trip! It sounds wonderful. I never realized that I want to see the tree in real life until now. I'll have to add it to my list!
That looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you had a great time.
I'm glad you had a good time! Congrats to Krista! MMMM,I'll be dreaming about rueben sandwiches from now until I can get my hands on one.
I love seeding all your pics. That is one place I would love to see...maybe you can be my tour guide someday:)
Sounds like a fabulous time. Snow days are fun to be able to cancel all plans and be together. But after five in a row it gets a little old.
Yah! What a fun time!!!!!!!
that tree is gorgeous! what an awesome trip! i look forward to such trips with our girls when we are older! so fun! i love all of your pictures! and congrats to your sister!
Oh I am so jealous! I'm so glad you got to go. I'm glad you had such a great time!
I want to go on a vacation with you! I know I would always eat at the best places on earth and really that is half the vacation! Glad that you are home and looks like you had a great time!
Add me to the list of jealous people. What fun! I've only been once and I'm dying to go back at Christmas time. I kind of want to do the Thanksgiving Day parade.
I'm glad you had such a fabulous time.
You are quite the little traveler! Your trip sounds like so much fun. The kids really should have maybe been out of school 2 of the 5 days, but whatever. Oregonians just freak out when snow comes to town. Silly!
I'm glad you had such a great time and that you can still enjoy all of the snow here!
Merry Christmas!
Oooh! I love Reuben sandwiches. Let's have a double date to the Carnegie Deli. Think the kids'd miss us?
What a BLAST of a trip. So glad you got to do that.
Thanks for taking the special trip to my house in the snow. That was just sooo nice of you!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Love you!
Your trip sounds like it was wonderful! My son Joshua gets to go to New York City with his band this April and we are so excited for him! Your pictures are beautiful and how awesome to go with your sister and mom! :-)
Post a Comment