This weekend was the perfect beginning to our Christmas. We went and got our Christmas tree and got the lights on the house up. If you want to read about these activities from my husband's hilarious perspective then go here. And don't miss out on the video clips. They are very short since they were taken from his Treo. I had no idea he was video taping me so that gives you an idea of how funny they are. Boy am I a picky tree picker. I'm not sorry though.
We got the lights on the house up. We got the tree decorated. We had our friends Camila and Dustin over to help decorate the tree which ended up with us basically watching the girls decorate the tree and us eating the munchies. This is what our tree looked like when it was done.
I will definitely be doing some rearranging of ornaments when the girls are in school tomorrow. Sorry, but it has to be done. My mind will not be at rest until the huge clumps or ornaments are more evenly spaced out.
Makenzie played the piano while some of the decorating was happening.
Camila and I decided we had a new favorite cracker. Have you tried these from Trader Joes?
8 comments:
What a great weekend! Glad you guys had fun!
Sounds like a wonderful day to start the Christmas season! I love being with family and friends over the holidays having fun.
Love this! Beautiful tree! Chris is hilarious.
Your tree looks great!! We got our tree over the weekend too! I love christmas!
I loved Pres. Monson giving the viewpoint of the innkeeper and that he had lost out on an amazing miracle, reminding us to make room in our lives for the Savior.
Your tree looks great.
we watched the devotional tonight for fhe! it was wonderful! i loved all of the stories and the christmas spirit we felt!
about the tree thing, we miss oregon for the tree cutting excursion that we missed out on this year. we went to the local wal-mart to "hunt" for our tree! i know, so pathetic! mitch is putting the lights on right now and we will decorate tomorrow! i love the lights and the ornaments, they just make me happy!
i am with you on the rearranging. i do the same thing to even things out once the girls have decorated the tree! it just ahs to be done! you go girl!
Thanks for the link to the devotional. I missed it! Your tree is beautiful and there is nothing wrong with rearranging some ornaments. I did it too! I'm sure that my mom did it and I'm sure my kids will when they are parents too.
Your tree looks beautiful...you guys did a great job! I LOVED the hubby's perspective too, so funny! Yes, we loved the Christmas Devotional too...and President Monson does always share the best stories...he reminds me so much of my wonderful Grandpa who passed away when I was 10.
Post a Comment