Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanks to Krista, the head planner

In 5 days my mom and I will be flying out to visit my sister, Krista in Maryland. She is graduating from nursing school and we are so proud of her. Last Friday was Krista's final for her nursing program and she was nervous but I knew she would pass. So now that she is done with classes and she took her final guess what she has been doing my friends? She has been planning adventures for the three of us while we are there! Planning is in our blood. Our dad is a planner too. I think we got it from him and it must be genetic because the last time we lived with him I was 6 and Krista was 3. It's got to be genetic. It gets tricky when Krista and I are together. Since we both like to plan there has to be a head planner. This is an unspoken rule in my book. I don't know about Krista because since it's an unspoken rule we haven't talked about it. In this case though I have no problem letting Krista do the bulk of the planning. WE ARE GOING TO NYC. Yes, Manhattan. Rockettes, Times Square, Broadway plays, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building, dozens of museums and during Christmas: The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree

#44 on my List of 50 Things states: See the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center.

I'M GOING TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there and will have my picture taken with it.

The anticipation is making me giddy at times.

And since we are going to NYC Krista is the perfect person to plan it. She has been there like a whole 4 or 5 times already. So she is obviously the expert. Not me, who has only been there once before. So you can imagine my excitement when I got this email tonight.

Saturday: Timbuktu open till 11:00 www.timbukturestaurant.com
Tomato Palace till 10:30
http://www.clydes.com/main/MenusList.cfm?Restaurant=The_Tomato_Palace

Sunday: Bus 8:25 am at Whitemarsh (leave house by 7:15)
Arrive in NYC Penn Station at 11:45 am (Breakfast on Bus)
(penn station is right next door to Macy's)

Macy's 34th Street at Herald Square
Macy's is covered head to toe with spectacular holiday decorations. It can feel like a war zone around the holidays, especially the gift wrapping department, but their Santa is unbeatable.

Lunch at carnegie deli http://www.carnegiedeli.com/
Location: The Carnegie Deli, 854 Seventh Ave. at 55th Street, New York City, New York, 10019 Tel: 212-757-2245 Toll Free: 800-334-5606

Saks Fifth Avenue 49th and Fifth

Rockefeller Center 50th Street and Fifth Ave

Trump Tower 56th & Fifth

Tiffany & Co. 57th & Fifth

FAO Schwartz 58th & Fifth

Bergdorf Goodman 58th and Fifth

Bloomingdale's 59th and Lexington

Barney's 61st and Madison


Break at Alice's Tea Cup 156 E. 64th 212-486-9200 (closest train is 59th and lexington: Bloomingdale's)

Wollmans Ice rink www.wollmanskatingrink.com

Central Park near
East 64th Street

Dinner at Serendipity's http://www.serendipity3.com/main.htm
225 East 60th Street
between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
New York, NY 10022
(very close to bloomingdale's)

Sanrio Inc
www.sanrio.com

233 W 42nd St
New York, NY 10036
(212) 840-6011

CBS
1697 Broadway at 53rd Street, (212) 975-8600
Tuesday: Cheesecake open till 11(410) 997-9311


What makes me laugh about our itinerary is that her graduation isn't even listed on here. We will be there though. That's what our trip is all about. I'm proud of you sis and thanks for planning an incredible trip. I can't wait to see you!

17 comments:

Mandy said...

You are going to have so much fun! I cant wait to hear all about it. How great that you get to mark something off your list that's always a plus!

ducklips said...

I'm so excited for you and jealous all at the same time.

Gusti said...

Oh man, take me, take me, take me! Sounds awesome! Give Krista a huge hug for me, and your mom. I love you gals, and the huge impact youv'e had on my life. I was just realizing that last Friday was my 21st anniversary of membership in the church. My first disscussion was at your house. enough said.

Aundrea said...

I'm so excited for you guys! That sounds like so much fun, and you get to cross something off your list to boot! So, does Krista get to come home with you for Christmas? Too bad she won't be here for bookclub this year! Have fun!!

Melissa said...

Hope you have a great time!!! What a great sister you have!

Sarah said...

I am so jealous right now!!! You lucky bum! YOu will have a great time. I want to hear all about it when you get back!

Amanda D said...

How fun! That is so great. I'm happy for you, enjoy yourself!

Bridget said...

Love NYC! Love all those things. Carnegie Deli- YUM. I lived half an hour outside of NYC growing up. Every year we would go see the tree in Rockefeller center. You CAN"T beat it. It's the epitome of Christmas for me.

mahina said...

how is it that you ALWAYS are off somewhere traveling and seeing things! i am, once again, envious of your many travels!

you will have so much fun! someday i hope to go to nyc, and you get to go at christmas time! even better! enjoy it!

Hesses Madhouse said...

What a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Chelle said...

What a blast that looks like a cool trip. You'll be so close if my life wasn't absolutely crazy right now I'd cave to my temptation to come meet you there.

Tell Krista I said hello and congratulations.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Congrats to your sister! And New York at Christmas time sounds wonderful! I'm sooo jealous!

Tonya said...

I want to hear all about it! I would love to go to NYC. I have actually heard of Serendipity's. I think they are famous for Frozen Hot Chocolate. Let me know if I am right on that one or not. Have a blast!!!

Melissa-Mc said...

Oh, you're going to have such a blast! I'll be thinking about you.

Suzi said...

Sounds like fun.

paula said...

Wow that will be the trip. YOU go girl or girls!!!HAve a blast!! Paula

Kathy VonTrapp said...

What an awesome trip! And tell your sister "congratulations!" You will have the BEST time!