Girls need a dad in their life. Someone that they can look to for an example of how to be treated. I am really grateful that my girls have such a great dad in their life. Chris is the math homework guru, and lets not forget science, history and Spanish. Me? I am the critiquer of all things musical. "Yeah, that was a good song." "Didn't like that one". That is the extent of my homework duties once they get past 5th grade. Anyway, girls need dads. And my girls have a great one. Here are a few pictures of Makenzie and Chris.
I love that Makenzie still loves to hold our hands. I hope that never ends.

This is one of my favorite pictures from our family reunion this summer. I have no first hand knowledge of the conversation taking place here but I think I have a pretty good idea. Makenzie was asking her dad if she could do something or have something and this picture was taken at the moment where Chris is trying to come up with something witty to answer her with. He always does this and you can tell that Makenzie is expecting it. I love it.
14 comments:
Darilyn, I love this post! The pictures are adorable!
Not having a really close relationship with my dad, I always envied my friends who just "clicked" with their dads. I'm so happy my childred have a good, involved dad as well. Just like you said, kids need good dads, and ours are lucky enough to have them!
I love the pictures. It sounds like your husband is a great dad. What a blessing!
Seriously Darilyn, Those are beautiful pictures! It is such a special relationship to have and cherish!!
Great pictures! What we do with out our great hubby's who are also the greatest daddies? We are so blessed!
The lighting in that last photo is wonderful! What a great relationship they must have.
beautiful pictures! I am so glad my girls have a loving dad in their lives! great post.
What a sweet post! I love the pictures but the last one is my favorite!
He seems like a wonderful dad. I love that last picture.
That last picture is awesome! You should seriously frame that baby. Priceless. It says so much.
that last picture is wonderful! i love it! as you know, i too know that the relationship between a father and his daughters is so precious!
You are SOOO right about how important dads are to their girls. (And to their boys, too, of course.) I love those pix but I just have to say that the last one is like a magic picture. If you could capture what the emotional tie between a dad and daughter looks like, it would be that photo. I just love it!
Darilyn, I LOVE these pictures! Your hubby looks like an awesome dad...and your girls are so beautiful (they look like you)! Great post! Matt is so cute with our little Madison too...there is a special bond between dads and daughters. :-)
Love it. You're right. Dads and their girls have an amazing bond. I agree with whoever said frame that last picture. I just want to add that you need to give it to Chris on McKenzie's wedding day. I know, it's still far away.
It strikes me how our teenagers are still really kids in a lot of ways. They want to be grown up one minute but then hold your hand another minute. Those are sweet moments.
Post a Comment