

On Saturday morning we headed to Seaside not knowing if we were going to spend the night there or not. It wasn't looking very good since all the places I had checked on were full for the holiday weekend. When we got there we checked a few and they were full as well. On a whim we decided to check out one that we had stayed at a few years back and had luck getting a last minute room at. We were lucky again and were able to get a room right on the Promenade with a oceanview and at about half the cost that most people were paying since it was last minute and they had had a cancellation. Woohoo!
One of the first things we did was try and find Zingers Homemade icecream that a friend had told me about. We did find it but it was cash only. Would we be Unlucky? Nope, it cost $7.50 for us to get 3 regular cones. We had exactly that much. What luck. The peanut butter chocolate was really good.
Chris got lucky too. He spun the wheel on the Wheel of Fortune game and got the free spin. That free spin turned into 300 tickets that we could turn in for crappy prizes! Sweet! I love my new crystal dangler.
Our luck continued when I made it past three levels in Ms. PacMan. The best i've ever done.
When we were standing in line at the Tilt A Whirl we ran into some good friends Adrianna and Mercedes Domingues. We talked Mercedes into going on the Tilt A Whirl with Emma and Heidi and I. We screamed so loud that the guy running it gave us some extra good spins. What luck! And I was also lucky because Heidi didn't throw up on me. I was seriously scared that she would. That is why I was screaming.
I had asked the girls to pack one change of clothes since we didn't know if we would be staying in Seaside for the night or not. Apparently Heidi left hers in a pile on her bedroom floor? Emma came to the rescue and said she had brought two extra changes in case she got wet at the beach. What luck that Emma is an overachiever and what luck that Heidi and Emma can wear the same clothes.
When we looked outside Sunday morning there were dark clouds and it was chilly. We went to the beach anyway prepared to spend a few hours. Luck was on our side though and the clouds moved away and let the sun shine warm on us.
11 comments:
I was cracking up when I got to the change of clothes part... go Emma!
i love it when luck is on our side! i've said it before her on your blog, but i really admire your family for all of the fun family outings you guys take! i hope we will be like that when our girls are older!
i guess that explains why we didn't see you at church. we wanted to invite you over for game night last night! maybe next time!
often, luck=tender mercies
Yeah for you! Glad lady luck was smiling your way!
Lucky duck!
Lucky, indeed! It sounds so fun. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.
And, I totally agree that we need to get together. How about seeing Sisterhood 2? Did you see it yet?
I loved this post! How fun to go to Seaside on a whim and to be blessed with so much luck:0) Sounds like a great time.
What a creative way to post about your trip! Sounds like you had a great time and luck was definitely on your side :)
Yay what a great weekend!
I love your lucky day. How ironic that all day I've had Guys and Dolls songs in my head, including "Luck be a Lady Tonight".
You are lucky!!
Post a Comment