I have had a headache all day. It's 3:00 p.m and I still have to run girls to soccer and to cheerleading. I'm not sure If I'm going to make it. The thought of listening to "our team is What? Dynamite! Our team is what? Dynamite! Our team is D-d-d-d-d- BOOM Dynamite! just might put me over the edge.
But other than that I'm doing great!
15 comments:
you can do it! you can do it! you can really really do it!
I DO know what you are talking about...but for me it was those iced coffee drinks back in my 'Jack Mormon' days! The headaches and cravings are mighty strong. BUT, know this, I am weak in body...if I can do it SO CAN YOU!!! Don't give in.
You can do it! The headaches won't last forever. I'm always in a really bad mood on days 2-5 of a diet. Good luck!
I feel ya. I've purged my system a few different times, but I always go back. Once I even tried to go off sugar for a week. I was shocked by the headaches and nausea, indicating just how addicted I was (and I think we all are...) But then after a few days I felt GREAT, better than ever. I know you're going to turn the corner real quick here, and thank goodness for alleve!
Did you find your bubbly substitute? Mike likes to put hazelnut syrup in club soda, with a splash of creme.
Italian Sodas! Thank you brenda. I usually have all the stuff in the garage for that. you never know when you need to entertain a bunch of teenagers. I'm off to drink a yummy italian soda!
Oh, I feel for ya, especially having to go listen to cheer practice:) I feel like I'm the evil little devil sitting on your shoulder thinking, "What's the big deal?"
On the other hand, I support you! I know you are a strong woman and if this is what you want then you can make it happen! Good luck! Aren't you grateful for Alleve?
Mahina, I love your mantra there in the first post. I'm going to say that to myself when I'm trying to refrain from the donut sitting on our counter. I can do it, I can really really do it.
Good luck Darilyn.
I'm so impressed with your giving up caffeine. It is not an easy thing to do. I'm finding a piece of gum to be my rescue from constant eating (which is my weakness). I just need something in my mouth and chewing.
You know, soda never tastes good after chewing any kind of mint gum.
I admire the fact that you simply realized that your body was dependent on your quitting! You are so awesome Darilyn! You can do it!
Your blogging fans are behind you all the way. You.can. do it.
Drink lots of water. Maybe it will help. Good luck!
Dang! You are my inspiration, I live on soda.
Let me know how long I should excpect headaches. Do you take anything for them?
Wow you go girl!
I have a problem with drinking too much soda too. NO not just soda PEPSI! my third love. Sometimes I think it is a problem and sometimes I don't care. I do put a stipulation on my pepsi drinking though. I have to have a certain amount of water each day before I will drink soda. Also I only buy a pepsi if I am out. So on the days that I don't go anywhere (which I know is rare for moms) then I don't get any.
Megan,
I love your water first rule. I had forgotten that I once had that rule too. I even got away from that this summer and I was using diet sodas as a replacement for my water. Bad bad bad.
Don't let my hubby know I said this, he thinks soda is so bad! Not good on teeth you know! Anyways we have caffeine free here in Denver. See if they have that. I buy Diet Caffeine free Dr pepper. They have it at Safeway and Walmart here. Good luck that is why I buy the Caffeine free so I will not get headaches.
Post a Comment