This is the picture that is the start of our family reunion. My mom with her 5 siblings. My mom is on the bottom right. Notice how my mom has a different skin tone then the rest of her siblings? She got her coloring from her grandma on her mom's side. The rest of her siblings got my grandpa's (their dad) coloring. And my sister and I have our mom's same coloring. So all of our cousins have this great olive skin and tan amazingly well and then there is Krista and I. We don't look like we fit with the rest of the group. I love these aunts and uncles like you wouldn't believe. They are getting older and the thought has crossed my mind that someday I will get a phone call that one of them has passed away. I don't know what I will do when that day comes. I love them so dearly that I can't even imagine it.
On the 4th of July we had a children's parade.
After the parade we had our Dutch Oven cook off competition.I had the best week. This last week was spent at Camp Attitude in Sweet Home, Oregon. It was a beautiful place to be with my beautiful family. One of the highlights of the week for me was our very own family version of the Amazing Race. Thanks to my cousin Reagran for planning and executing this very time consuming event. We spent one whole morning playing it and we (chris the girls and I) were in the lead until the very last leg when we were yielded by my cousin Kerry and his family. I rocked at the the first Roadblock which was called "Emma or Elizabeth". I chose Elizabeth and quickly went through about 20 questions on Lizzie from Pride and Prejudice. My cousin Kerry ended up winning and got to take the trophy home. I'm glad they can take care of that for us for the next year because we WILL be taking it home with us next reunion. Unfortunately i hurt my ankle pretty badly during the race and I'm still limping.
I loved our day spent at Foster Lake. I layed on my beach blanket, worked on my tan and read my book. Does it get much better than that? I drank my share of stock in Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke Zero, my newest favorite soda. But these beverages did nothing to compare with the Cotton Candy Machine and the Shaved Ice machine. I'm convinced that we need to buy our own Cotton Candy Machine. That thing is so much fun. I ate 5 sticks worth of fluffy, melt in your mouth sugar in blue, green, yellow, pink and I think orange. YUMMMMY. I got the feeling though that being a cotton candy fanatic as an adult is a rare thing. None of the other 40 adults at the reunion seemed as excited as me when that big silver machine came out.
This is what 6 Johns Siblings can create. A family group like this. We are missing tons of people in this photo. This is probably half of our family. Of course with a group our size not everyone could make the reunion. But this is who we had at our week long party.We had such a great time and I can't wait to do it again in two years!
9 comments:
What a fun family reunion! I see my family all the time, but that post made me really want a reunion. So much fun.
I have to tell you that I know of a couple more adult cotton candy freaks. I love it! My mom loves it more though. She often stops somewhere that she knows sells it just for the cotton candy.
I knew there was a reason I like you so much! Cotton Candy! I love it. When you get your machine, can I come over? It sounds like heaven. MMmm.
Your reunion looks like so much fun! What types of food were prepared for the dutch oven cook-off? Did you win?
I agree cotton candy is not just for kids that is for sure!! It sounds like you had a blast at your family reunion and how fun to play amazing race. I would love to be on that show ;)
What a fun reunion you had! That is amazing how much lighter your mom is than her other family members!
Sounds like a great time. I love family reunions too.
Wow...you have one COOL family! Amazing Race at a family reunion?!! Too fun!!!!
I LOVE cotton candy. I will own a machine someday. I'm glad I'm not the only one. That reunion sounds like so much fun! The Amazing Race is a great idea. I'll have to keep it in mind for our next reunion.
I'm glad you had such a fun reunion.
What great fun. I love family reunions. I love the Amazing Race idea. I have some questions for you about Camp Attitude -you have mentioned the site to me before, so I'll email you. I'm possibly going to look into it for our reunion.
Post a Comment