
My sister did this on her blog and I loved it. I tag anyone who want to do this. Just make sure to let me know so I can see yours.
Here are the instructions:
1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
2. Use only the first page of results, and pick one image.
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Big Huge Lab’s Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of the picture answers.
Onto the questions and my answers:
1. What is your first name? Darilyn, This picture makes me laugh. I'm glad to see that this Darilyn is a party girl like me. But what's up with the old guy in the background with no pants on?
2. What is your favorite food? Cantaloupe ~ I love pretty much all fruit but the cantaloupe has to reign as supreme. I buy one every single time I go to the grocery store.
3. What high school did you go to? Marshfield High School in Coos Bay, Oregon ~ Whoa, this picture brings back some intense memories. Mostly memories of yelling out my lungs for the Pirates. And when I was younger (jr. high age) I could be found behind the bleachers kissing my boyfriend. AWWW memories.
4. What is your favorite color? Purple ~ My eye immediatley went to this picture. I love the different shades of purple and lavender in this and when I saw that it was taken in Brasilia, Brazil that sealed the deal. That is where I served my mission so it's a perfect pick for me.
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Jeffrey Dean Morgan ~ Ahem ( clearing my throat, looking over my shoulder) I am not one to really get all ooey gooey over celebrities. But when this guy was on Grey's Anatomy I was reeled in. It is also the reason why P.S. I love you is my favorite movie of the year. I could stare at his ruggedness forever.
6. What is your favorite drink? Milk ~ Is this picture crazy or what? I love it. I'm am totally going to do this for halloween. But I think fruit loops would be even better.
7. What is your dream vacation? Backpacking in Europe ~ This is a picture of some huts on the Swiss Alps. It is a trip that I will make someday.
8. What is your favorite dessert? Lemon Cake ~ This picture is great because not only do I love lemon cake but I love lemon curd and this picture has both. It makes my mouth water just looking at it.
9. What did you want to be when you grow up? World traveler ~ I think we can truly know how to make our world a better place when we can see and understand people that are different from us. I have a passion for travel and I want to see the world.
10. What do you love most in life? My family ~ I would gladly pack my family in this van. I love old VW buses.
11. What is one word that describes you? Happy ~ This picture speaks for itself.
12. What is your nick name? D-lyn
credit goes to the following pictures from Flickr:
1. Darilyn and Rich, 2. Kaleidoloupe, 3. Marshfield against North Bend, 4. Soft purple, 5. jdm_1, 6. 365.22 : O-Me, Oh My!, 7. Alpine Huts in Switzerland, 8. lemony goodness, 9. Watering the Wall of Indifference, 10. dVan, 11. The Earth is God's Canvas., 12. D'Lyn's message
16 comments:
That is a very cool mosaic. Love that. What a clever idea with the Flickr pics.
That is super rad. What a good tag. I love seeing what you love in photo format. too cool!
Very cool! I love PS I Love you too!
What a great idea, if the boys actually nap this afternoon I'll have to do that. Although I have to admit the cheerios face guy does creep me out a little.
You are such a fun person Darilyn! I love the mosiac idea:0) How are you going to get all those fruit loops to stick to your face for Halloween? You are so silly! I too LOVE lemon cake and I just made my own lemon curd the other day to fill a cake with. I have some left overs so if you need a fix grab a spoon and come on over:0) If you have never made it it is fairly easy and to die for! I love the old VW bus too=)
you are awesome, d-lyn! i love this! i will have to do this. how fun is that mosaic! and i love learning new things about my dear friends!
thanks for that! it put a smile on my face!
I love this tag. I started to do it, since I got busy with kids, I have to do it later. I love finding out those tidbits.
That cheerio guy is funny. I can never let my kids see that picture :)
I love it! Photos make everything more fun. I liked finding out all the little tidbits about you too.
What a fun way to get to know someone better. If I can figure out how to do this I might make my own.
Okay, I did it, Darilyn. Thanks for the fun idea!
This is so stinkin' cool! What a fun and interesting way to get to know you better and BTW...I love everything about you, Darilyn :)
Darilyn, I don't know if you remember me, it's been awhile! I think our common friend was Melonie? Or maybe just from the stake or something-- anyway, I saw the mosaic on Julie's blog and saw your link on hers and I had to try it too! So fun! Here is mine:
http://bloxhamcrazies.blogspot.com/
I bought canteloupe this evening and thought of you. Hee Hee.
Sorry, that last post was from me (about the canteloupe purchase). I was helping my daughter update her blog and forgot we were logged in as her. Ooops.
That was awesome D-Lyn.
I am going to try to do one.
p.s. I agree with the Melissa above, Cheerios face is freaky.
p.p.s and I agree with you on the P.s. I love you guy, but I'm all about the accent.
p.p.p.s My man is watching me type this and is doing a little "Ahem"ing himself.
Post a Comment