Chris: Where are you going to sit?
Me: On your lap.
Chris: I don't think this chair is going to hold us.
Me: Pooey, it will hold us. Those things are strong they are the same ones we have at home.
Chris: I don't think so.
Me: It will be fine.
Chris sits down, I set the timer, push the button and go to sit on Chris' lap. This is the picture we got:
The chair completely broke and if it weren't for Chris' super fast skills we would have plunged about 3 feet backward. I laughed, Chris didn't think it was so funny. I deserved a big "I told you so."
We did take a picture of us and here it is. Why didn't i just do it like this to begin with?
After this adventure we packed our stuff up in the car to head back to the airport in San Juan. When we get to the airport we find out that our bags have to go through a USDA scanner. What? You mean we are going to have to give up the gallon size Ziploc bag we have of passionfruit? The ones Chris very diligently trekked into the jungle to gather for me? I will NOT give those up. I took the suitcase into the bathroom and tried to make them invisible to the scanner. I went back out and we sent our big suitcase through first which had some other unknown fruit in it that we hadn't had a chance to try while we were there so we were just going to take it home. It makes it through. Yay! My heart is doing a little happy dance at this point. But wait, what's this? They are pulling our smaller suitcase over and unzipping it? what? We can't take Passionfruit with us? Are you sure? DARN. Then we had to watch him put my lovely gallon size Ziploc bag on his desk. I wanted to cry but I held the tears back.

Our trip was wonderful. I don't know why more people don't go to Puerto Rico on vacation. From our research and experience it is less expensive than Hawaii and you experience similar types of things. The Puerto Rican people were extremely friendly and were so excited that we had come from so far to visit their beautiful island. I think Chris would pack up and move tomorrow if he had a job there. As for me, good bye Puerto Rico. I'll be back again someday. I still have your southern and western coasts to explore!
8 comments:
I have never eaten Passion Fruit. Someday, I will have to try it and I will think of you trying to hide it in your suitcase and smile.
I'm so glad you had such a good trip. It's a great shot of you and your hubby. You're cute together!
I don't know what it is, but I can't even finish reading this post until I say how hysterically funny I think the whole picture in the chair thing is. What is going on with me? Maybe I'm having a mental breakdown but I am totally busting a gut over this one. Ha! I love the look on Chris' face on the way down. :-)
Chris's face is priceless in the first picture! I'm glad the camera caught it:)
Reading the posts about your vacation has totally made me want to experience Puerto Rico! Maybe someday.
What an Amazing trip. I've enjoyed reading every post and following what you did and were able to see. I definitly would love to go to Puerto Rico. Thanks for sharing. Glad your home ;)
I had a flash back to when we went through the Thai security. If you tried to take fruit form there do you think they would have been so nice? Yahhh Yellow shirt!
i love that action picture of the chair breaking! that is hilarious! and chris does not look like he is having fun in that shot! glad you got one standing up!
that would be sad to lose all your passionfruit!
i love how you documented every day that you were there! what fun! you guys always take the greatest trips!
The chair picture is so funny! Your personality is so great. It cracks me up that you tried to hide the passionfruit. I'm sorry, but this post totally made me laugh:0)
Just finished reading your travelogue. Wow. I want to replicate your whole trip! Especially the sparkley night kayaking! You and Chris both look GREAT by the way. Tropical vacations agree with you!
Post a Comment