Monday, February 25, 2008



I've never spent much time in the state of Idaho. Just the occasional stay in Boise on our way to Utah. That has changed however. I have now spent a total of 4 days in a row there. I stayed in a tiny town called Inkom which is just south of Pocatello. I also visited Pocatello extensively and spent a really fun day in Idaho Falls. Inkom consists of two stores and a gas station. There is a p0st office there too. The house we stayed in however totally rocked. It had a theatre room where we could watch movies on the most comfortable furniture imaginable. At the end of my trip we drove to SLC to drop me off at my Aunt's house before I flew out the next morning. We broke down on the way but no worries, I had my AAA card with me and after a tow and a lot of phone calls we figured out how to get everywhere where they needed to be.

Here are some of the highlights of my trip:

*Running into the concrete wall on our way down the turny thing at the airport.

*Losing our parking ticket and having to sweet talk the manager so we didnt have to pay the full day fee.

*Buying essentials like penny candy (actually 2 cents now), slushies and Idaho spuds at The Village Mart.

*Watching Julie play tennis and her winning the championship game. GO JULIE!

*The heated floors throughout the house we stayed in (even the carpet). Heaven.

*All three of us riding in the cab of the tow truck with a very interesting driver.

*Seeing 14 deer bedded down for the night right outside the window of the house.

*Shopping for antiques in downtown Pocatello while it was snowing.

10 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

Are these your sisters? You all have the same eyes! Fun Blog Darilyn! I love your music, you have excellent taste!

Amanda D said...

It sounds so relaxing and fun. A weekend away sounds like just the ticket. Glad you had fun!

Aundrea said...

sounds like Heaven! I can't believe how long Julie's hair is. Everyone looks great...too bad Molly wasn't there with you too!

Bridget said...

What a fun trip! Did you cruise down 17th street in IF?

Welcome home. I still need that salad recipe by the way. I lOVED that thing.

mahina said...

is that melissa barham with you in front of the village mart? did you go to visit her? how are they doing?

tell us more about the house! sounds heavenly! was it a vacation rental? i want a house with heated floors, too!!

Rachel Bancroft said...

Oh, the adventures one can have in Idaho. I'd like to hear more about the tow truck driver. =)

kelly said...

what championship was it? i used to play a ton of tennis growing up & in college, so it's fun to hear about the tourneys!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Ahhhh. I love small towns.

Rochelle said...

It sounds like you had an enjoyable trip with some good belly laughs!

Darilyn said...

Mahina- Yes, that's Melissa B.

Bridget- I have no idea if we cruised down 17th.

Hailey- These aren't my sisters (only in spirit : )

Kelly- I don't know much about tennis but it was a local tournament and they were playing doubles and it was level 30. I think.