Sunday, February 10, 2008

No Wine Tasting here, TEA TASTING...YUM!



Val, Me, Tonya, Mel




On Friday afternoon some girlfriends and I got together for a Tea Tasting at the Stash Tea Store. I have had Stash Tea tons of times but never even knew it came right here from Portland. I should back up here and say, I LOVE TEA. I do. I like it in the morning, I like it in the evening, the afternoon. I like Iced Tea in the summer. I just love the stuff. There is just something about having a cup of tea in a pretty mug or cup and you can just feel yourself relax. It is practically non-caloric, unless you add sugar and even that is minimal. There are so many flavors and varieties to choose from too. I guess in all technicality I don't actually drink tea from the tea plant. I drink herbal teas only. Or Rooibos teas. Those I also drink because they are a form of herbal tea and not from the Camellia sinensis, the actual plant that black tea comes from. I only drink herbal tea because of the Word of Wisdom. A commandment that has been given to us through modern day revelation. If you'd like to read the actual scriptural account of it, you can go here.

So on Friday afternoon I got together with some of my friends from High School. We go back even farther than that. Tonya and Melodie and I have been friends since we were 7 and I met Val when I was 12. We have a lot of fun getting together and we all love tea. Maybe there is a connection between growing up on the Oregon Coast and liking tea, maybe all the rainy days, I don't know. Melodie was so sweet and arranged for all the teas in our tasting to be herbal ones. Thanks Mel! We learned to slurp and Sip. I guess by slurping you get the truest taste of the tea. I found a couple I had to have and $6 later I was out the door with loose tea of Chocolate Peppermint and Red Chai. It was super fun and I can hardly wait to take my sister there when she comes. (She likes tea too!)

9 comments:

Bridget said...

What a fun girl outing! I've never heard of that place.

Aundrea said...

I love tea too! How cool that you can get together with your high school friends! I always think of you when I see a pretty tea cup:)

Jodi said...

Chocolate peppermint tea sounds delish! One of my favorites is vanilla nut creme...and it tastes even better in my beautiful pottery tea cup. Seriously!
I didn't know they were located here. I would love to go sometime. Hmmm, maybe we could have a bookclub outing...

Merilee said...

Would you drink tea...
in a box?
with a fox?
with a mouse?
in a house?
Would you could you
in a house?
j/k!!!

mahina said...

you always have the funnest looking girls nights! you're cool!

brenda said...

Fun! I love picturing you with all your cute friends. You're so good at friendship, Darilyn. I just want to praise you for that.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Yah me! I cannot waite to go!

Anonymous said...

Darilyn,
Look how fantastic everyone looks! Oh I wish I could have been with you guys--I haven't seen Val, Mel, Tonya in FOREVER-wow wow wow. Tell everyone hello for me. I love visiting your blog. Love you, Eva

Ps. Are we having a 20th yr reunion?????

megan said...

fun! I want to do that when we are up there in July