Thursday, February 28, 2008

Music Musings




I have this new CD "Raising Sand" by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. I've been a long time fan of Alison Krauss so when I saw this new CD I was intrigued. I can't stop listening. It is so hypnotic. I absolutely love it. These two are so unlikely to do a compilation together but it works. If you love to know the nitty gritty of the emotion behind music then this video is worth watching. It's long but at least check out the first couple minutes of it.

9 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm an Allison Krouse fan too. I'll have to check it out. I like the song that you have on your playlist:)

Bridget said...

I LOVE Allison Krause too. Thanks for the post.

Chelle said...

I listened to Allison Krause all the way to Utah and back one time. Singing from the top of my lungs of course.

Thanks for this link.

By the way it was good to hear you were out of town. It was so unlike you to go so long without a post, I was starting to get worried. Looks like you had a great trip.

Rachel Bancroft said...

I'm so glad you are loving this CD! I enjoyed getting more insight into the collaboration between the two singers from the video. Thanks for posting that.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oh, dear. I am a cultural moron. I have never heard of Allison Krause. She sounds like a talented artist. Any particular songs you recommend downloading to my iPod?

Rochelle said...

Allison Krouse produce my favorite groups records, Nickel Creek. I love her and them and all of her work. I also like Robert Plant so I am excited to hear this entire album...

Jodi said...

I have been an Allison Krouse fan since the beginning. I love blue grass music. It sounds like an intesting CD...I will have to check it out.

ducklips said...

I love it and I didn't know that they had worked together. Thanks for posting. It's always fun to see artist working together and exploring areas that they might not have otherwise.

brenda said...

I'm a long time Led Zeppelin fan, and a recent Allison Krause fan (Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? was my first bluegrass purchase). I was floored when I heard these two were collaborating. Then I thought, why not?? It's cool.

Thanks for putting this on your blog!