Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Enchanted Thought

I think the word "fingerling" is a little creepy. As in "fingerling" potatoes. Yes, I've tasted the suckers and they are quite good but for some reason when I read that word or hear it, it just gives me the weebeejeebees. My sister posted a recipe for these on her blog and now i'm afraid to visit there.

14 comments:

Amanda D said...

I never really thought about it but I must say that I agree!

Aundrea said...

I agree too! Let me know when it's safe to return to Krista's blog:)

Jodi said...

Yeah...me too. Sounds weird. I won't even tell you what comes to mind when I see that word...

Jodi said...

AND...you make me laugh. Seriously!

Rochelle said...

Jeremy has a problem with the word loaf being used with anything food related. For example, Tony Romas has an onion loaf. So I hear ya! It just doesn't sound right.

Melissa said...

LOL that is so funny! Thanks so much for the giggle I really needed it today, like a lot!

Bridget said...

You are so funny! And yes, I agree. It is creepy.

Merilee said...

Thanks! I love fingerling potatoes. Now every time I eat them I'll be thinking fingers!

Chelle said...

So where is Krista to defend herself? I'll still come for a visit even if you do have too fancy food words on your site.

Chelle said...

By the way Darilyn this was a crack up.

Krista Lou Cook said...

So I am torn between taking my little "ode'to fingerling" recipe down from my blog, or leaving there to torment and bewilder. The vote.... I shall leave it, take that you little word wimps. :) Fingerling fingerling fingerling........ :)

mahina said...

i don't think there is anything wrong with you! it gives me the heebeegeebees, too!

kelly said...

i also have a problem with the world moist. don't know why, just can't stand it.

Sarah said...

You are so funny! It made me laugh when you said your afraid to visit her blog. It is a weird word.