Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blog time during church

Yeah, you heard right. While all of my blogging buddies are sitting in church, I'm home blogging. How fun is that? I'm home here with Heidi. She was doing so much better and had a normal day yesterday. Then, at 1 am (again) she threw up all over her bed. So we are back to washing all the bedding and cleaning carpets again today. She is watching Strawberry Shortcake. When I suggested it, she said to me, "But that's not a Sunday movie." Sweet girl, don't you know it's okay if Mom is going to be blogging? How can I tell her to watch the First Vision if I'm sitting here on the computer? It's probably good I stayed home anyway. Yesterday I was walking down a sidewalk and all of a sudden the sidewalk tipped (or so it seemed) and I fell over. My first thought was that we had an earthquake. But the old man across the street didn't seem to feel the same thing I did. Later that night while we were having dinner I felt this sharp pain go through my left ear. I guess that explains the sidewalk moving. I think I have an inner ear thing going on. Doesn't hurt too bad. Nothing that a couple advil won't take care of. But weird nonetheless. So Heidi and I are sitting right here enjoying a little quiet. Nice huh?

I have to tell all of you about Chris and I's dinner last night. We went out for Sushi with some friends. I have had sushi before but not at an actual sushi restaurant, so I was really excited about it. And Chris had never had it before. It was great! It was so fun. I even tried an entire piece with raw tuna. Impressive huh? I didn't care for it. It wasn't the taste either it was the texture. Taste wasn't bad actually. My favorite was the double crunch roll. It was so good and it even had some raw spicy tuna in it but a tiny piece and you didn't notice it. Our friends, Julie and Glen have gone to this place quite a bit and knew just what to order. I would have had no idea where to start. Thanks Julie and Glen for a great time.

Here is what we had:

Lovejoy Roll
Shrimp, Crab, Cucumber, Avocado and Sesame Seed.

Spider Roll
Deep fried Soft Shell Crab, Cucumber, Avocado, Sesame Seed with Unagi Sauce.

*Double Crunch Roll (Deep Fried)
Spicy Tuna, Shrimp Tempura, Crab, Avocado with Unagi Sauce.

Eel Roll
Eel, Avocado and Sesame Seed.

Hawaiian Roll
Real Crab, Cucumber inside and covered with Tuna.

10 comments:

mahina said...

that sounds so delish! when my brother got separated from his ex-wife back in march i went home to stay with him for 5 days. he took me to a real sushi restaurant, my first time (mitch would NEVER take me to sushi!) and he ordered it all and boy was it good! i agree with you, a lot of times it is the texture that gets me not the flavor! those all sound so good, my mouth is watering!

so funny about the "sidewalk moving"! but a bummer that you have an ear thingy going on! you and heidi get better, ok?!

Melissa said...

Yay sushi! And I'm home from church today too, Ian is being really weird, I'm hoping he's growth spurting but man it's been a rough 24 hours! Anyway hope everyone in your house is better soon!

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear you and Heidi aren't feeling well...but I bet it is nice to have a little quiet time at home, especially as busy as you have been lately. The Sushi sounds pretty good. Where did you go?

Bridget said...

Wow, that does sound great! I love to eat out. The more adventurous the better. Although don't sign me up for Fear Factor or anything. HOpe you guys both get feeling better soon!

Aundrea said...

Why do kids always pick the early morning hours to throw up all over the place? Sorry about that! Are you okay after your sidewalk incidence?
Kelly and I are just now starting to aquire a taste for sushi. He started eating it since he travels so much and his customers pick the restaurants. The first time he came home and told me he ate raw fish, I asked him who he was and what he had done with my husband!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Oooo, sushi! I'm not yet brave enough to try that. But I'm sure it's good! Hope you and Heidi feel better soon!

Merilee said...

OOOoo, that actually sounds pretty good. Hope your Ok! feel better, talk to ya soon.

Krista Lou Cook said...

we will have to add sushi on our list of things for this christmas!

Becky said...

Im not a fish fan (my mom microwaved it as her way to cook it) but sounds like you had fun. I wasnt at church either. You sound like you had a much more legit reason lol.

ducklips said...

I hope you both are better by today. Don't you love it when your kids point out commandments you are breaking. Mine always let me know when I need to clean up my act. ( Not that I am insinuating you do by any means.) But, sitting quietly w/ just one of my kids sounds rather peaceful.

I always thought it would be fun to go out for real sushi, not so much for the food, but to sit on the floor at a little table and do the whole Japanese dinner thing. The raw fish, not to appetizing.