Tonight the girls and I went to the Zoo Lights. It was so cold tonight and the girls we glad they listened when I told them to wear an extra layer and get their warmest coats. We had hats, gloves, scarves, all the cold weather gear. Before we got to the Zoo lights we stopped and had dinner at HoneyBaked Ham. I had a BOGO coupon for a sandwich there. So we got two sandwiches and two sides and the four of us split everything. I fed all of us for $8. I love a good deal. And while I was there I ordered my Christmas ham. I've never ordered a Honeybaked ham before but they were having a really good deal if you ordered it today. It was only a few dollars more then the one I got at Fred Meyer last year so I thought, Hey, why not? I LOVE honeybaked hams. Yummy! But anyway, back to Zoo lights. The lights were beautiful like always. There is just something so fun about walking around bundled up with Christmas music playing and sipping hot chocolate. We had a good time and even picked up a couple of Christmas gifts in the gift shop. One for my nephew Connor and one for Emma's best friend. So, if you haven't gone to the Zoo lights. check it out.
Here are some other things we typically do at Christmas time:
Winter Wonderland at PIR
Saturday Market The week before Christmas they are open every day. It's a great time to go and beat the Saturday Crowds.
Festival of Lights at the Grotto The closest thing to Temple Square in SLC. And not a bad second. The music is great. Every hour they have a new group singing. I think the day after Christmas the Bennion family from our stake is scheduled to sing.
9 comments:
Wow- I'll have to check them out.... someday.... (hee-hee)
How fun. And thank for the recommendations. I"ll look into those.
I was just talking to Kyle about when we should do it. I think I might just bite the bullet and put the kids in their snow suits. They were SO COLD last year. Thanks for the other suggestions. they are all things I did as a kid, but seem to have forgotten as an adult.
bummer! i wish i knew about the honey baked ham deal! we always get one at christmas, and YES they are very expensive! that would have been helpful to know! i am the worst at finding good deals!! enjoy your cheap ham!! sniff, sniff!;-)
Those ideas sound great for the holidays. Thanks for the tips!
Looks like a ton of fun! Hey can you email me what the girls want for Christmas, I'm totally stumped. Mom said Makenzie had a wish list but for some reason I can't find it! Anyway thanks so much! They're the last shopping I need to get done (besides Bruce but he's just impossible and I always end up doing his at the last minute which won't work with them cause I have to mail and all). Anyway waltonma@bagheraonline.net thanks!
It sounds like you have had some fun! I really want to take the kids to the Zoo lights and the Groto. I miss Temple Square so much so I do hope it's comparable! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Every year I say I am going to take the family to the Zoo lights but we are going on our 4th Christmas up here and still have never been! I need to put it on the calendar (as long as it doesn't interfere with book club!!!) Thanks for the inspiration, Darilyn.
PS. About your post below...I am a total foodie!
Thanks for the tips! Since we are new here, this is a great list of must-do's for us. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the zoo, we are planning on that one for sure!
Post a Comment