Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life has been really good for a long time. A long time as in, I can't remember the last time Chris and I had an argument and me being able to manage everything in the home and three children as well as my outside of the home jobs. I've felt calm and peaceful about the decisions I've made, knowing that I let Heavenly Father have a hand in those decisions. I have been reading my scriptures consistently since May, which I know has contributed to my sense of peace. Life got busy the past 10 days. I hadn't read my scriptures in that many days. No time, I've said to myself. Last night everything came crashing down around me. I had an argument with my hubby, I cried for at least an hour and felt an overwhelming amount of stress on top of me. I felt completely unappreciated for the efforts I've gone through to help us buy this home and just decided to let it all out. I read my scriptures for an hour when I was done with my crying session. It helped. I think I'll make time for those scriptures from now on. Lesson learned.

13 comments:

Aundrea said...

I soooo need to learn from your example! I throw these little tantrums, even if they are in my head, about how I'm not appreciated, too busy, hubby always gone, doing everything alone, etc. etc. I know that if I just made time for scriptures and a little quiet time I would feel so much more at peace. Thanks for being a good example to me! :)

Bridget said...

Oh Darilyn I so needed that. I have been slacking lately. You haven't even arrived yet for vt-ing and you've already done your message! Check.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry! I don't know how you manage with all the stress you are under you really are amazing!

mahina said...

oh, darilyn, i needed to read this! i ALWAYS have struggled with my scripture reading and it's recently been weighing on my mind. thank you for kicking my okole (hawaiian for rear end) into gear! i know my life will be much better if i would read my scriptures daily, but i just don't make it enough of a priority! thanks for sharing!

Nyree said...

Me too!! We read the scriptures daily as a family and I even encourage the children to have personal scripture study each day and they do it! But what about me? If I made more effort I know I wouldn't be running around like a crazy, headless chicken, squawking at everyone like I do. (That made sense!) Well done, Darilyn.

megan said...

I just added you as a friend. I got sick of going to Merilee's blog so that I could get to your blog and read it everyday.

Merilee said...

Love you.

Jodi said...

What a good reminder for me. Thanks Darilyn.

jaust.me said...

Oh gosh, I am such a whiner. Thanks for sharing this. I don't know how you do it all. I'm realizing more and more how flattered I should be that Mer says we remind her of eachother. You're right, somehow when we put the important stuff first, everything else fits. I have been forgetting that for some time now.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Amen, Darilyn! You said it all!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Amen, Darilyn! You said it all!

ducklips said...

That is such a wonderful lesson. I really need to be better at that as well. I keep wondering how you do it all, and now I know. You put the Lord first.
I am so glad you and Merilee are friends so I can get to know such an awesome woman.

Sarah said...

You know, I have experience the same thing in my life. It makes you wonder why we ever miss a day of scripture study. It makes a bigger difference in my life that I could ever say.