Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Things I'm Grateful For Today

* An amazing doctor
* Tori - for calling our doctor to tell him I was running late
* That the nurse only had to prick my finger today and not use the big needle.
* A good apple
* Clothes that fit
* George Winston music
* A quiet dark room
* My children liking scrambled eggs and toast for dinner
* Makenzie doing all of her homework with very little reminding.
* Makenzie coming home from her first day of piano and actually liking it.
* That Sarah helped me get my children to and from their activities
* That Merilee let me complain to her while she had her own things to think about.
* Talking to my mom on the phone
* Rikki going the extra mile to find me a certain pair of pants in my size
* That I can feel Heavenly Father's love for me

7 comments:

Aundrea said...

I'm grateful for a friend like you! What's going on with the Dr.? Are you okay? BTW what job did you choose?

Aundrea said...

I was just reading about how some people feel that blogs are just out there for us to portray that we have "perfect" lives. Then I was thinking that we all know we have crappy days and hard things that happen in our lives. Blogs kind of help us to remember the good things that happen during the hard times and the blessings we do recieve from Heavenly Father. (Just some ramblings, sorry.):)

Darilyn said...

I couldn't agree more about the purpose of blogs. I had a weird day yesterday and I didn't feel like dwelling on the negative so I chose to think of some good things. It helped.

Bridget said...

Isn't it great to have friends who come through for you and blogs to let you vent.

Bridget said...

Isn't it great to have friends who come through for you and blogs to let you vent.

Merilee said...

I just want to say that when Bridget posted about Cole peeing on her dining room table, I don't think she was trying to paint a perfect picture.

I love blogging! I was always like"yeah right" in my head to the people who claimed it was their journal. Well now they can shake their fists and stick their tongue out at me! As I look back over the last couple months of my blog, I am so grateful I have it.

mahina said...

i really appreciate this post! you are a good example! i think i "enjoy" focusing too much on the negative and i need to look more for the positive. i don't "enjoy" focusing on the negative, but by the amount of time i spend focusing on the negative you would think that i "enjoy" it!

and about blogging, i'm with merilee...i love it! i never thought i would do it, but, thanks to bridget, i now keep a "journal" on my blog. not being a very good journal keeper, my posterity will now have a glimpse into life as me because of blogging!

whoa! i feel like i should have started by saying, "i want to share my testimony about blogging...."

BTW, i found our next hike, if the weather would warm up!