Once upon a time in the land of Kings Valley, Oregon there was a village called Shrewsbury. There was the occasional jousting event, plentiful shopping, and goodies galore. One family in particular were very happy to be a part of this lovely Village: The May family. They walked the streets in their time-period clothing, ate turkey legs for lunch and shouted "Hazzah" for their favorite jousting competitor. The fine sir even threw darts at several crests and won a beaded necklace for his lady! She was quite pleased with his dart throwing skills! The May family loved their time in Shrewsbury and were sad to see the time end. Alas, only 12 more months until they can visit again.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Shrewsbury Ren Faire
Once upon a time in the land of Kings Valley, Oregon there was a village called Shrewsbury. There was the occasional jousting event, plentiful shopping, and goodies galore. One family in particular were very happy to be a part of this lovely Village: The May family. They walked the streets in their time-period clothing, ate turkey legs for lunch and shouted "Hazzah" for their favorite jousting competitor. The fine sir even threw darts at several crests and won a beaded necklace for his lady! She was quite pleased with his dart throwing skills! The May family loved their time in Shrewsbury and were sad to see the time end. Alas, only 12 more months until they can visit again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Alas, only 12 more months.... unless you can majically fly out here and come to mine with me!
I so wish I could. The Maryland one is the best! You are so fortunate to be able to go.
i love this post! the wording is great! that sounds like so much fun! what a fine sir, indeed! i love your clothing. did you make them? wow!
p.s. totally unrelated, but i have not been able to find the camera in our house, but am hoping to make it to storage tomorrow. when i find it i will get it to you. sorry it is taking so long!
what fun! you are so creative with the things you do with your family. i love it.
No, I did not make our clothing. We've just collected things over the years.
You guys look awesome! I know some of those kids aren't yours, but yours are getting so grown up!It sounds like so much fun. I agree with everyone else, you are so creative with the things you guys do together.
Very cool! This is a family outing your kids will never forget :) Very creative post...I love the storybook writing!
so cool!
Aw you guys look great!
In my other life I used to dress in period clothing and enjoy the festivities, but that was another life ago. I enjoyed reading this post it brought back some memories...
That looks like a really fun festival. I've never heard of it. Where is it? I love your costumes!
Post a Comment